Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

13 minutes ago, htb said:

Eddie, 

Nice. What would be a ballpark price for that set up?

There’s a few options but I’d always spec a 5 tonne rotator for the little price difference.

Touch over 2.5K including the VAT, depending on the final spec.

Obviously a bit of pipework to budget for when it arrives. 

Pipes are always best sorted on the machine unless there’s an established pattern available.

Eddie.

• Thanks 1

That's the sort of thing I'm after, will try them but suspect it'll be the same that they would need the machine to fit so might be back to trying just a local fabricator or coming up with something myself.
There's a very capable fabricator over at Stillington that we just found recently after he also fixed our LR discovery. Will pm you his number if you're interested?

6 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

This is a great setup for the 1.5 tonners, a TG12 UG7 Intermercato Grab.

I supplied this one with 6 way valve so the customer could switch from Grab to Rotate as like most he only had one auxiliary circuit.

This he piped himself on the Grab, but you can also install the valve on the machine, whatever works best for the individual.

The difference between this and free swinging is night and day and allows you to get the best out of the Excavator.

Obviously more expensive, but nobody goes back, and will hold its money tremendously as they’re always sought after.

A7FC3998-9BE1-4F0C-8E13-43ED58B3F2E0.thumb.jpeg.18e279760cce642d2b5ca15105d5fa95.jpeg

DB36FAE1-8466-485A-9970-D5C61241AC57.jpeg.0de3849f6e9009e34cc9be725b0de30c.jpeg

Eddie.

That looks great, and 2.5k doesn't seem too bad for what looks like a lot of sturdy metal?

The big question is though, will I make that saving up in time saved over using the thumb? I'd say that if you were doing tree work day in day out with your digger then absolutely, but for me who uses it for trees, landscaping and normal digger work, even then probably only averages out at 1 day a week? I suspect not, unfortunately! 

All purchases are currently on hold however, for the positive reason that we are looking into buying the barn and field we currently rent?? so new toys are on hold!

• Like 1

This is a great setup for the 1.5 tonners, a TG12 UG7 Intermercato Grab.
I supplied this one with 6 way valve so the customer could switch from Grab to Rotate as like most he only had one auxiliary circuit.
This he piped himself on the Grab, but you can also install the valve on the machine, whatever works best for the individual.

The difference between this and free swinging is night and day and allows you to get the best out of the Excavator.
Obviously more expensive, but nobody goes back, and will hold its money tremendously as they’re always sought after.

A7FC3998-9BE1-4F0C-8E13-43ED58B3F2E0.thumb.jpeg.18e279760cce642d2b5ca15105d5fa95.jpeg

DB36FAE1-8466-485A-9970-D5C61241AC57.jpeg.0de3849f6e9009e34cc9be725b0de30c.jpeg

Eddie.

Really like the look of that grab Eddie. My only reservation for my tb016 is that does the grab and rotator weigh a lot more than a bucket and thumb? Will a 1.5 tonne machine with this setup still have enough lift capacity to be useful?

55 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

TB016 will boss it easy enough, the manipulation available makes all the difference.

Eddie.

I think you should start buying good tb106 diggers up to sell to arbtalk members Eddie :D lol

i bet youve a closet full of them lol

Edited by swinny

Getting good ones is now hard, nobody’s willing to part with them, the replacement didn’t really better it, they don’t deprecate hardly, and are just so useful.

I suppose proof so far is nobody’s ever been back on here to say they’re a pile of shite and they lost their shirt on one.

Just for the past few years have been a very safe toe in the water, but most soon jump up a bit in scale and spec having seen what a machine can achieve for them.

Eddie.

1 hour ago, LGP Eddie said:

Getting good ones is now hard, nobody’s willing to part with them, the replacement didn’t really better it, they don’t deprecate hardly, and are just so useful.

I suppose proof so far is nobody’s ever been back on here to say they’re a pile of shite and they lost their shirt on one.

Just for the past few years have been a very safe toe in the water, but most soon jump up a bit in scale and spec having seen what a machine can achieve for them.

Eddie.

Yeah the TB216 isn’t a patch on the TB016. Don’t know what they’ve done to it but pretty disappointed with mine really, stupidly I bought it on the back of the reputation of the TB016 thinking it’d be much the same thing. The only improvement is the in-cab fuel gauge.

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Yeah the TB216 isn’t a patch on the TB016. Don’t know what they’ve done to it but pretty disappointed with mine really, stupidly I bought it on the back of the reputation of the TB016 thinking it’d be much the same thing. The only improvement is the in-cab fuel gauge.

I did exactly the same with a Kubota Kx080-4, coming from the legend of a Dash 3, but the difference was I’d spent an awful lot of conversion money on it before finding out it wasn’t Kubota’s finest hour.?

Eddie.