Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

16 minutes ago, Gray git said:

Anybody aware of a company who makes decent bolt on ram guards for a 2.6 ton size machine, let one of the other lads loose on the bobcat today and he's managed to put a few noticeable scars in the main lift ram with the grab tines, we have had words but now I know it's possible I'd rather have something that covers the whole front of the ram not just the standard that covers the chrome.
Also possibly the bucket ram could do with a cover as in among it with the shear on.
I tryed Google but kept just getting big demolition stuff.

You could try speaking to these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Excavator-Ram-Guards-Cylinder-Guards-CAT-KOMATSU-HITACHI-JCB-CASE/111970880589?hash=item1a11fc0c4d:g:EwEAAOSwYlJW6cnh

I spoke to them in the past and seemed helpful.

It has said smaller machines added soon in his advert for a while I think, so might have something sorted now.

You could try speaking to these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Excavator-Ram-Guards-Cylinder-Guards-CAT-KOMATSU-HITACHI-JCB-CASE/111970880589?hash=item1a11fc0c4d:g:EwEAAOSwYlJW6cnh
I spoke to them in the past and seemed helpful.
It has said smaller machines added soon in his advert for a while I think, so might have something sorted now.
Fairly dead end as will only do them out of hardox and bending it needs stupid pressure and minimum size sheet to fit the press so making them for small rams and machines is uneconomical as to much waste after its cut down to fit.

I don’t know if they’re still going but a company called Fabrication by Design in Redditch used to do all the custom work for AR Demolition, who in my opinion have some of the best Excavator setups at work in the UK.

Worth a call.

0C3CC167-488B-4883-8545-5C16CD09929D.jpeg.dcc42139612f6c228a254cb8ea40ddb5.jpegF28CB845-EC4A-4C0B-8FE1-ACF2C3950F2B.thumb.jpeg.f05457b3c3d2088740398741b63a5e68.jpeg

Eddie.

• Like 1

I don’t know if they’re still going but a company called Fabrication by Design in Redditch used to do all the custom work for AR Demolition, who in my opinion have some of the best Excavator setups at work in the UK.

Worth a call.

0C3CC167-488B-4883-8545-5C16CD09929D.jpeg.dcc42139612f6c228a254cb8ea40ddb5.jpegF28CB845-EC4A-4C0B-8FE1-ACF2C3950F2B.thumb.jpeg.f05457b3c3d2088740398741b63a5e68.jpeg

Eddie.
That's the sort of thing I'm after, will try them but suspect it'll be the same that they would need the machine to fit so might be back to trying just a local fabricator or coming up with something myself.

Where is a good place to buy a timber grab from? Probably free hanging but maybe with a rotator. RSL is an obvious option but where else would be? What sort of price is good? for a 1.5 ton kubota. 

I'm also thinking about upgrading the Kubota to the legendary tb016 in the next couple of months so how do these grabs generally mount, would I be able to just have the pin hole mounts changed? 

And the same question goes for my RSL tooth and rake. Im guessing that as both machines are technically 1.5 tonners then the attachemts them selves will be pretty much the same, just need the mounts modifying.

Thanks for any advice

Where is a good place to buy a timber grab from? Probably free hanging but maybe with a rotator. RSL is an obvious option but where else would be? What sort of price is good? for a 1.5 ton kubota. 
I'm also thinking about upgrading the Kubota to the legendary tb016 in the next couple of months so how do these grabs generally mount, would I be able to just have the pin hole mounts changed? 
And the same question goes for my RSL tooth and rake. Im guessing that as both machines are technically 1.5 tonners then the attachemts them selves will be pretty much the same, just need the mounts modifying.
Thanks for any advice
I'd have a look on the approved hydraulics site as have grabs, rotator, swing links and quick hitches all available and very helpful on the phone.
  • Thanks 1

This is a great setup for the 1.5 tonners, a TG12 UG7 Intermercato Grab.

I supplied this one with 6 way valve so the customer could switch from Grab to Rotate as like most he only had one auxiliary circuit.

This he piped himself on the Grab, but you can also install the valve on the machine, whatever works best for the individual.

The difference between this and free swinging is night and day and allows you to get the best out of the Excavator.

Obviously more expensive, but nobody goes back, and will hold its money tremendously as they’re always sought after.

A7FC3998-9BE1-4F0C-8E13-43ED58B3F2E0.thumb.jpeg.18e279760cce642d2b5ca15105d5fa95.jpeg

DB36FAE1-8466-485A-9970-D5C61241AC57.jpeg.0de3849f6e9009e34cc9be725b0de30c.jpeg

Eddie.

• Like 5