Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

A few pics of my mighty takeuchi. Getting old looking and somewhat battered but what a machine!
Starting to think it's time to go for something with more hydraulic options but I'm too fond of it!
has anybody retrofitted an electric diverter valve setup?
Would like to change from saw to rotating shear and ideally swap out the blade for a hydraulic tipping bucket too.. what's in the pics is just the loader bucket off the compact tractor hanging off the blade.. a poor setup but it carries a few more logs than I can in a wheelbarrow!20190205_181650.jpeg20190225_150851.jpeg20190213_145702.jpeg20190218_150202.jpeg20190205_121800.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

A few pics of my mighty takeuchi. Getting old looking and somewhat battered but what a machine!
Starting to think it's time to go for something with more hydraulic options but I'm too fond of it!
has anybody retrofitted an electric diverter valve setup?
Would like to change from saw to rotating shear and ideally swap out the blade for a hydraulic tipping bucket too.. what's in the pics is just the loader bucket off the compact tractor hanging off the blade.. a poor setup but it carries a few more logs than I can in a wheelbarrow!20190205_181650.jpeg20190225_150851.jpeg20190213_145702.jpeg20190218_150202.jpeg20190205_121800.jpeg

Nice old girl- I have Had 2 TB125s- reckon they’re my favourite all time mini ex of all the ones I’ve used.

tippingbucket on the blade- would probably not get enough height to really tip much- how about a small trailer on the blade. even one of those mini dump trailers.http://www.exac-one.co.uk/products/diga_bara.html

you could probably make/convert something that suited your needs? I’ve done it with an ifor flatbed before and it was great- load timber on with the grab- and then use to unload at the other end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Nice old girl- I have Had 2 TB125s- reckon they’re my favourite all time mini ex of all the ones I’ve used.

tippingbucket on the blade- would probably not get enough height to really tip much- how about a small trailer on the blade. even one of those mini dump trailers.http://www.exac-one.co.uk/products/diga_bara.html

you could probably make/convert something that suited your needs? I’ve done it with an ifor flatbed before and it was great- load timber on with the grab- and then use to unload at the other end.

I wouldn't mind a small trailer with bolsters for moving logs and brash, but for my use, the bucket would be handier for bringing around multiple attachments, a couple of saws, clearing sawchip etc. Also it would still fit on the plant trailer! both will happen.. eventually. As for today, I'm beating whitethorn into a farmi chipper. It's not liking it. Wide forks.. Would be a good day to have the rotating shear!

43 minutes ago, ForestryFinance said:

Very nice

2 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Thanks! 

That yanmar looks the business.

What do you make of the screening bucket? Is it viable or is it too slow to be a money maker?

if Customer had soil on site.

I’m doing 6 ton an hour and it’s full of bricks, roots, glass etc and the soil is cracking.

It would cost £40 per ton easy to buy in

3 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

Fantastic Conor!

i have a yanmar on demo today.  Anyone on here got 1?

input please 

6C1D3AD1-F6BB-44DD-84B6-B69AC85CB55A.jpeg

conventional tail swing, comfortably towable, good ground clearance, twin set of aux lines, what’s not to like!? Yanmar are good kit.

i think tracks may be a bit more expensive as they have offset design  which is supposed to aid stability. How do you compare it to your CAT out of interest on first impression?

• Like 1

https://www.kellfri.co.uk/forest-firewood/forestry-trailers-accessories/forestry-trailers/tipping-and-forestry-trailer-atv-pro

Was thinking of one of these for the digger as could shift a bit of soil on jobs for filling in ruts etc and help bring timber out of tighter spots to where the tractor can then reach or just shifting a bit of firewood in the yard and for 1200 quid ain't bad at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

I wouldn't mind a small trailer with bolsters for moving logs and brash, but for my use, the bucket would be handier for bringing around multiple attachments, a couple of saws, clearing sawchip etc. Also it would still fit on the plant trailer! both will happen.. eventually. As for today, I'm beating whitethorn into a farmi chipper. It's not liking it. Wide forks.. Would be a good day to have the rotating shear!

Sorry for derail.

Hi Connor. Do you have a farmi 260?

ive never seen one working.