Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Unless your working between tight buildings, I’ve rarely found an issue with conventional tail swing in this size bracket. 45cm overhang,  if you can’t work with that you must as well just get a smaller machine in.

unfortunaly most manufactures seem to be doing mostly zeros now, think takeuchi, Kubota and yanmar are the main 3 still offering conventional tails in 3 ton size.

Wish I’d gone for the yanmar conventional, just didn’t like the idea of potential zero after sale support. 

45 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

Wish I’d gone for the yanmar conventional, just didn’t like the idea of potential zero after sale support. 

Why would you not have no after sales from yanmar- dealer not near?

must say if I was buying a sub 3 ton towable machine new it’d be the yanmar sv26.

It just ticks all the boxes for me. 

Conventional tail swing and a wide track base at that, Good ground clearance, comfortably towable plus nice proportional auxiliary controls/option for a 2nd of aux lines. Just think it’s a really well thought out machine. 

15 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Why would you not have no after sales from yanmar- dealer not near?

must say if I was buying a sub 3 ton towable machine new it’d be the yanmar sv26.

It just ticks all the boxes for me. 

Conventional tail swing and a wide track base at that, Good ground clearance, comfortably towable plus nice proportional auxiliary controls/option for a 2nd of aux lines. Just think it’s a really well thought out machine. 

When I was looking the yanmar importer had lost or not renewed the contract so no new build machines available only ex stock in uk and no guarantee of who would be supporting warranty etc going forward. I’m sure it’s all sorted now but just sounded a bit dodgy for me and my hard earned! Shame as really miss my old yanmar and the new ones were cheap as chips but for the above reason I guess.

6 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

When I was looking the yanmar importer had lost or not renewed the contract so no new build machines available only ex stock in uk and no guarantee of who would be supporting warranty etc going forward. I’m sure it’s all sorted now but just sounded a bit dodgy for me and my hard earned! Shame as really miss my old yanmar and the new ones were cheap as chips but for the above reason I guess.

Ah right- fair enough. As you say I think they’re establishing a pretty good dealer network now. I have one local to me who seems to be doing good business with yanmar. Incidentally you could have got it in baby blue Kobelco. Their sv26 is made by yanmar, identical except the colour.

Edited by Matthew Storrs

2 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Ah right- fair enough. As you say I think they’re establishing a pretty good dealer network now. I have one local to me who seems to be doing good business with yanmar. Incidentally you could have got it in baby blue Kobelco. Their sv26 is made by yanmar, identical except the colour.

Identical but another £4k. And nearest dealer to me is opposite side of country in Carlisle. Molson offered a good deal on one though but in the end thought it too far away for a little machine. 

Is it 2.6tonne with the harvester head on?
No it'll be a little more I'd think but no more than having 3 decent buckets in the trailer, I'll have it on the scales next week.

Shes stable enough for a close to zero swing with quite a long arm on her, yes you can get a Bob on but it's not as scary as some I've used as track base is fairly big for class. Hywel evens fitted the extra lines, case drain and a few other bits for me and built up the grapple saw which needs a bit of tweeking but is very capable. Jak 200 of wilsons which has chewed its way through some horrible blackthorn today without any trouble.
Really happy with the little machine.
  • Like 1