Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

What are the pins and bushes like? Whats the machines history. Always wary with a machine of those hours and its been used with a breaker attachment!

It’s an ex hire machine, pins and bushes all remarkably good. No idea how much breaker use it’s had but for the money I am very pleased.
  • Like 1

Great shot of the Liebherr in action last year.

Built for the job and for the price of a couple of good teams a day can do it effortlessly and safely.

Work has just dried up completely for it in this application,so just rethinking what attachment I can put on the end of it to get more utilisation.

Eat the green one for breakfast!?

B1A874C7-A48E-4F4C-906D-0DEFA59AA84F.thumb.jpeg.72fafbdeb4f136ea58c0f0ff2160e682.jpeg

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Great shot of the Liebherr in action last year.

Built for the job and for the price of a couple of good teams a day can do it effortlessly and safely.

Work has just dried up completely for it in this application,so just rethinking what attachment I can put on the end of it to get more utilisation.

Eat the green one for breakfast!?

B1A874C7-A48E-4F4C-906D-0DEFA59AA84F.thumb.jpeg.72fafbdeb4f136ea58c0f0ff2160e682.jpeg

Eddie.

you have to be one of the few people waiting for ash die back to take hold...As this setup has to be the way forward...

Edited by benedmonds

9 minutes ago, htb said:

How long will that engine last being waved about like that

No different to a chipper bouncing behind a transit at 50 mph most of its life, or a mower doing embankments.

It won’t tip over as much as pedestrian stump grinders I bet on uneven ground.  

• Like 1

Ah but a chipper should not be running flat out at 50mph unless its being nicked.

Depends if the sump and oil supply been modified to cope with running at angles and surge. Some have at more expense at initial purchase some don't at customers expense later down the line.

A number of recent threads on v-twin grinders with a damaged cylinder because of the operating angles.

10 hours ago, benedmonds said:

you have to be one of the few people waiting for ash die back to take hold...As this setup has to be the way forward...

It’s obviously in my mind, and I’m working on a setup for the realistic max capacity.

Problem with me is I’m crap at the business side, I’m just a kit junkie and can’t stop trying to put together another better solution.

Great if I can just find someone to put work in front of me to deliver.

Just building them gets more attractive daily!

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie

20 minutes ago, htb said:

Ah but a chipper should not be running flat out at 50mph unless its being nicked.

Depends if the sump and oil supply been modified to cope with running at angles and surge. Some have at more expense at initial purchase some don't at customers expense later down the line.

A number of recent threads on v-twin grinders with a damaged cylinder because of the operating angles.

All good points and something for the operator needs to consider and keep in mind.  I think it’s just a new operator with a new toy.  On the end of a digger it’s easily kept upright.

• Like 1