Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Just some images of the evolution on an Intermercato Grapple Saw for a 13 tonne Doosan over the past 12 months.

Basically when it arrived there was virtually no room to add the extra valve /pipework required into the head bracket.

The worm drive motor was sticking out at the rear blind side for the Operator, begging to be knocked off.

It generally looked like an octopus was bursting out of it!

Several other bits and pieces in how it performed, not something you’d want to take to work.

Version two threw up issues again, simply because who did the mods didn’t take the time to test it.

The two position type head bracket I prefer was thrown in the mix here.

Time to send it up over the border to the man who sorts all my kit, and the latest version is now back at work.

Getting there now, going to be one last version after this to give it the production look/finish and hopefully an off the shelf unit that’s fit for work, tested on the front line.

Plenty of other setups out there, but many have had great success with the Intermercato range, and it would be nice to get a readily available, cost effective option that actually works real world.

Version 1

778347A3-BF6D-4148-959D-D54A725D1BBA.thumb.jpeg.fead7cb793b950b03546d3e5b43d698d.jpeg

Version 2 

E5A8A1DB-AF2F-435F-BFB8-72A8FB447A7B.thumb.jpeg.1ec8b1eb30df47ddcce683308361bd98.jpeg

Version 2

C3F0C765-41E1-4979-BCE1-2F47AE1CA0C5.thumb.png.9dedbb51934abdbf182adcfa3f84d5cd.png

Latest Version

25588D47-0580-445A-B7C1-A9E2EAA8C910.thumb.jpeg.10f7273173b2eeda3973893cdfe784fd.jpeg

Latest version 

3DC9A01D-2D16-4C90-840A-9294F1A0019C.thumb.jpeg.a2246de2843cf4f58327c69e50626fb3.jpeg

Looking something like now.

369BD05E-D6B7-4E45-AAEE-B0536EA075A4.thumb.jpeg.6b930de248ad17a8959d0eb27daf50b1.jpeg

Eddie.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Is there a reason that you don’t reverse the hitch to put the rotator motor on the driver’s side where it can be seen? Or would it block the view of the head/saw? 

It would be upside down so to speak and water/dirt would get in it.

You can see it clearly now from the cab, but version 2 has the side plate extended to give the motor protection and that’s being put back on with a cover for the small pipe.

The cab side is fine now, just the details on the other side, run it and then tidy it up on a finished design.

Eddie.

41 minutes ago, arbwork said:

interesting, it is an aggressive world out there with all sorts of things trying to rip off pipes, break and bend things,  what is the max diameter cut and how heavy is it? all the best    j

Be about 600mm cut and around 1000kg, I’d expect.

It’s not reinventing the wheel stuff, it just shows you can be sold solutions that will work, but can they cut it when really put to work.

Tiltrotator installs is one thing I know inside out, and it still pains me to see what some guys are sadly paying for and expected to take to work.

It’s improved dramatically over the past few years as more knowledge is shared and guys get to know what to look out for.

Eddie.

On 25/01/2019 at 14:14, jonnygurkha said:

I joined the club today. After the advice on this thread I have taken the plunge and bought my first arb digger, a 2008 Takeuchi TB016 with 2900 hours. Collecting next weekemoji3.pngIMG_3015.jpg

What are the pins and bushes like? Whats the machines history. Always wary with a machine of those hours and its been used with a breaker attachment!

What are the pins and bushes like? Whats the machines history. Always wary with a machine of those hours and its been used with a breaker attachment!

It’s an ex hire machine, pins and bushes all remarkably good. No idea how much breaker use it’s had but for the money I am very pleased.