Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

I know a few Owner Ops who do the 7.5 tonner and beavertail route with success.

This would require a bit of thought as to the right body if you needed a few attachments with you.

No doubt some would Ifor it or the dawn/dusk Tractor run.

Eddie.

I looked into the 7.5t beaver tail but the payload wasn’t enough from the standard vehicles I saw.  

Could always just by a horse box and track it into that, they seem to charge on regardless and a lot of them look hanging heading to the shows over the summer after being pulled out the nettles ?

I got a full 4000kg payload on a Mitisubshi 7500kg beavertail.

put buckets in a 750kg tlr behind,

or a 3500kg trl if you were astute enough to preserve your 12000kg GTW grandfather rights back in 1997 when they moved the licencing goalposts.

I was not unfortunately, which still pisses me off bigtime.

marcus

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Not sure its actually allowed without still going down tacho route. Worth vosa confirming

6 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

Mini artic has been done before on here and is good route to tow 15 tons on a B+E car licence. The hard bit is finding a tow vehicle with a plated train weight of 10+ tons that is classed as a car so 3500KG.

The only ones are downplated trucks, that advert is very misleading as a navara couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding let alone 5 tons legally.

The one below is pretty crap but at least has 8.5 ton train weight, the chassis is probably 2 ton so by the time a trailer is added should still be a good 5 ton left for cargo. All on a B+E car licence and none of that C1E con/crap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-06-RENAULT-MASCOTT-160-65-156-BHP-SINGLE-CAB-MINI-ARTIC-TRACTOR-UNIT-DI/132615338318?hash=item1ee07d794e:g:vakAAOSwyJpboEp4:rk:4:pf:0

This is an extreme example 18.7 ton train weight. And its CAR remember.

img_0904.jpg

Edited by donnk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, donnk said:

Mini artic has been done before on here and is good route to tow 15 tons on a B+E car licence. The hard bit is finding a tow vehicle with a plated train weight of 10+ tons that is classed as a car so 3500KG.

The only ones are downplated trucks, that advert is very misleading as a navara couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding let alone 5 tons legally.

The one below is pretty crap but at least has 8.5 ton train weight, the chassis is probably 2 ton so by the time a trailer is added should still be a good 5 ton left for cargo. All on a B+E car licence and none of that C1E con/crap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-06-RENAULT-MASCOTT-160-65-156-BHP-SINGLE-CAB-MINI-ARTIC-TRACTOR-UNIT-DI/132615338318?hash=item1ee07d794e:g:vakAAOSwyJpboEp4:rk:4:pf:0

This is an extreme example 18.7 ton train weight. And its CAR remember.

img_0904.jpg

But is that not a 7490kg veh, i.e.<7500kg but  not <3500kg, so not a car?

Since my Licence states that for B+E the "B" is less than 3500kg

So no good for the B+E classification

So, actually, what veh is it?

https://www.auto123.com/en/new-cars/technical-specs/ford/f-150/2018/4x2-regular-cab-short-bed/xl/

and

https://www.hotcars.com/ranking-the-10-toughest-towing-vehicles-that-arent-pickups-and-10-that-are/

So does a Ford F-150 count as a car, since it only weighs 2767Kg(Gross Veh Weight), per the 1st link

but can tow 13,200 lbs (=6000Kg exactly) per the 2nd link.

It would need a 5th wheel(or sommat other than a 50mm ball coupling leastwise)

and electric brakes, BUT, despite the earlier posted blurb,

I am not sure that electric brakes are recognised in the UK, yet another gray area

marcus

Edited by difflock