Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Well fcuk me 6 ways to Sunday,

that Meclac is the proper dog's danglies,

and could probably scratch a dog's dangly bits,

to the dogs immense and ongoing satisfaction.

I like it.

P.S.

Requires a week/couple of weeks intensive training, a short break, then back on with a couple of relaxing pints in, to "go with the flow".

IMHO

Edited by difflock

Think you’re all getting unduly worried.

Mecalac have them setup so when you’re using them as a Skidsteer loader you drive/steer with one hand, then operate like a normal loader with the other.

When you open her out as an Excavator so to speak it’s back on the two Joysticks again.

Been a slow burner for a long while, guys like Graham Sandercock who went first do some fantastic work with them, but still a hard thing to even get to see, let alone a full demo.

Hope to get a decent go myself one day.

Eddie.

What sort of hours did you get out of the first set ? Do you just travel on soil woodland ect or do you do groundworks working on tarmac ect? [mention=26165]Stephen Blair[/mention]

A bit of everything, some jobs I’ve had to track half a mile on tarmac to get access but mostly grass and woodlands.
Machines got nearly 1700 hours on it.

Eddie apart from a constantly sore lower back, no regrets. The grab and machine has now shaped my business.
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I do get a bit excited on the whole subject of Tree Shears or even Tree Work in general with Unguarded Excavator Cabs, and fail to see how any RAMS could actually overlook it.

So thought I’d best practice what I preach for the JCB Js145 I’m currently having specced up.

Best go the factory route for the Front and Top FOPS Guards, they’ll be tested/plated and hopefully fit no issues.

A call to my local JCB Dealer after a search of the brilliant online parts, soon had the guy at off for his best price on them.

The e mail arrived and to say it’s since caused a shit storm would put it mildly!

I know it’s at top level currently at JCB, and I want a decent answer, because if this is part of the reason why guys are risking running machines without proper protection, then things need to change?

I’ve added the parts diagram, and remember these are the discounted prices plus vat.

The Top Guard is £4200

The Front Guard is £2100

All the associated bits of fixings and struts come to around £350.

Yes add that up, over 6.5k to guard a cab!?

That’s heading for a reasonable budget for a 1.5 tonne machine!

I can get an aftermarket tested item for  £1800 of a different design by comparison.

It’s really highlighted the question for me why guys can find the money for attachments but not for the correct guarding for the carrier machine?

If ridiculous pricing on what are safety items is part of the issue, it needs to highlighted and hopefully addressed to keep these items affordable.

89E65A11-02AF-4669-858C-E43222D99EC2.thumb.jpeg.2076e7b2ea754d22582356df9916e7ad.jpeg

Eddie.