Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

1 hour ago, donnk said:

funny you should mention a DIY counterweight. I'm in the middle of having it made now, the digger has mounting holes already. I'm thinking about 300 - 350 KG does that sound about right for a 3 tonner or should I go 250-300 ?

My plan is for a wrap around steel 'bumper' and fill it with lead (melt and pour) so it doesnt protrude too far and as narrow enough to miss the blade and allow the service door to open.

Here you can see them, the black bumper is what is being replaced

B121zsy.png

that's an awesome looking outfit donnk, whats the train weight with the hiab, eng con attachments etc? Can you drive on normal license or operator? 

2 hours ago, donnk said:

funny you should mention a DIY counterweight. I'm in the middle of having it made now, the digger has mounting holes already. I'm thinking about 300 - 350 KG does that sound about right for a 3 tonner or should I go 250-300 ?

My plan is for a wrap around steel 'bumper' and fill it with lead (melt and pour) so it doesnt protrude too far and as narrow enough to miss the blade and allow the service door to open.

Here you can see them, the black bumper is what is being replaced

B121zsy.png

As well as adding to stability I think having more counterweight may actually be better for the slew gear if your generally on heavy attachments- less asymmetrically loaded.

I really like the idea of a big thick slice of metal underneath the machine as Eddies photo showed on that Komatsu- just another level of protection underneath- on one machine I had the panel covering the sump pan got slightly pushed in- no big deal but over a few years it rubbed right through the pan and resulted in oil emptying out whilst I was having lunch one day. 

Oh yes, I know it’s obvious but don’t forget to have a hole cut to access the sump plug!

Edited by Matthew Storrs

5 hours ago, JimE said:

I'm selling my Hitachi with engcon if anyone is looking for a set up ready to go. Fitted with the full control system, hyd hitch and aux circuit for a grab.

Hitachi.jpg20180808_172343.jpg

I was impressed when i hired one of these once, great little machines. What size ks it, and whats the age and hours?

20 hours ago, LeeGray said:

that's an awesome looking outfit donnk, whats the train weight with the hiab, eng con attachments etc? Can you drive on normal license or operator? 

tipper is 3.5tonner, alumax trailer is 500kg, digger is 3 ton.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, donnk said:

tipper is 3.5tonner, alumax trailer is 500kg, digger is 3 ton.

What kind of cost was the trailer? Looking for similar for my avant, so i can later on use it for a digger. Lookimg at the brian james as that has similar load capacity, but lomg waiting list

13 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

I was impressed when i hired one of these once, great little machines. What size ks it, and whats the age and hours?

Yeah its quite a tool! Lovely spec digger too its even got air con ?

2014, 2400 hours. 2.9 ton so just towable!

Edited by JimE
  • Like 1