Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

11 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Your just thinking like someone who wants to use a Trailer. Plenty don’t and have the kit already to move them. A larger cab, air conditioning, more weight, reach, power etc etc etc. You can do a job with one class of machine, but if you can get the next size up in, it usually becomes easier. 

Eddie.

But why not go a couple of sizes up? If you can get that 3 tonner to it the chances are you can get an even bigger machine in. 

IME a micro serves a purpose (much better than a spade!), a 1.5 tonner is a really useful tool for restricted access, sub 3 tonners are really only there to offer as much bang for your buck as you can easily get to site (avoiding o-licence etc as much as anything). After that you might as well go 5 tonne upwards in this country, as you can shift those as easily as a 3 tonner but they can do a lot more work.

6 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Yeah I tend to think like that too. But i suppose if your running a 7.5 ton truck then that kobelco and tak is more or less the max your going to fit on weight wise with a handful of attachments so makes for quite a handy setup. 

To be fair I didn’t consider the 7.5 tonner. If I was going down that route I’d personally go for a bigger (as in heavier, not necessarily much physically bigger) truck, as they are more capable all round for much the same operating costs. 

8 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

But why not go a couple of sizes up? If you can get that 3 tonner to it the chances are you can get an even bigger machine in. 

IME a micro serves a purpose (much better than a spade!), a 1.5 tonner is a really useful tool for restricted access, sub 3 tonners are really only there to offer as much bang for your buck as you can easily get to site (avoiding o-licence etc as much as anything). After that you might as well go 5 tonne upwards in this country, as you can shift those as easily as a 3 tonner but they can do a lot more work.

Yep, if could make a step up from my 3ton I’d be looking at something like this if I wasn’t stuck to 3.5t trailer https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-Fiat-Kobelco-SK55-5T-Excavator-31163378/112900505069?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49138%26meid%3De3bea1fe990346868616097b03b87d03%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D112900971968%26itm%3D112900505069&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

7 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I think in an ideal world (my longer term plan) is to have a 1.5t for the fiddly little jobs and one day jobs, and a larger 5-7t machine for bigger sites and longer term jobs, I reckon I’d have all my bases covered with those 2, but for now the 2.8t offers some kind of middle ground, best of both worlds but at times worst of both too.

no such thing as a perfect machine size.... is there..?

14 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

3 tonners fit the 7.5 tonne guys. After that things get a bit more complex and certainly much easier than a 5 tonner.

Edited by LGP Eddie

45 minutes ago, MW Tree Services said:

What's your thoughts on Treelines Hyundai r145 for harvesting and big environmental work (Eddie, How for do you travel with yours, and what do you make of the 14t zero tail )FB_IMG_1522489326975.jpg

Can of worms with the 14 tonne zero tail, I’ve been doing much research on them of late, simply trying to find the one that will tick the box of highest capacity on the load chart at full reach. It’s taken some doing as only a few offer an extra counterweight. The CAT ended up blowing all out of the water, but she’s a big expensive girl and lacking a few hp for attachments.

They have become the weapon of choice for a lot of guys, they make great all rounders, but always lack a bit of reach over conventional.

Harvesting is not my thing, but I see the benefits of such a Harvadig setup, and know a guy who runs a similar Doosan rig.

I’ve just supplied him with a big Intermercato Shear and Grapple Saw, he’s getting all he can from one machine and a great Operator he has.

I’m as from today fully available again for anyone to hire the Liebherr and will go wherever there’s a suitable project for it.

Eddie.

On 30/03/2018 at 11:13, LGP Eddie said:

LIke buses now, two along at once! 

Unusual one this, good spec, factory piping will always keep good value. Steelwrist Twinlock Top Hitch shows someone who knew their stuff when speccing it.

Should have the auxiliaries for a Grab as it’s got SS9 control system.

Ross the guy dealing with the sale is A1, sold both my Kubota’s for me.

Get someone up and running with a great setup.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takeuchi-TB228-with-Engcon-Tiltrotator-huge-specification-2013-22k-VAT/352315941075?hash=item5207aaa0d3:g:aToAAOSwY4tauk8T

Eddie.

pretty expensive for something thats done 4k hours. Brand new kubota only a couple grand more.

2 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

Brand new Kubota setup like that?

the high spec 3 tonner with dual circuits is 23k then however much the tilty is. and you get 3 years warranty and zero hours.

better investment than any ISA sub 3 tonners.