Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Again I apologise for this being Engcon, other brands are available but the fact is the 2.5 and 3 tonne sit across two models, the Ec02 for up to around 2.8 tonne and then the Ec204 takes over.

Loads of options that can change the final spec/price, and it really takes a little time with a prospective purchaser to ascertain what they currently do, and what they may hope to achieve in future.

However anyone running machines up to around 2.8 tonne with two dual acting auxiliary circuits, Volvo, Kubota 27's, Yanmar etc, get in quick and fill your boots, this offer is seriously good! Worth putting in the shed for a prospective machine upgrade at that money, or call someone like summit equipment to see what the other circuit and Joystick with roller may cost to add if you already have a single circuit.

EC02 special offer | engcon

Eddie.

Again I apologise for this being Engcon, other brands are available but the fact is the 2.5 and 3 tonne sit across two models, the Ec02 for up to around 2.8 tonne and then the Ec204 takes over.

Loads of options that can change the final spec/price, and it really takes a little time with a prospective purchaser to ascertain what they currently do, and what they may hope to achieve in future.

However anyone running machines up to around 2.8 tonne with two dual acting auxiliary circuits, Volvo, Kubota 27's, Yanmar etc, get in quick and fill your boots, this offer is seriously good! Worth putting in the shed for a prospective machine upgrade at that money, or call someone like summit equipment to see what the other circuit and Joystick with roller may cost to add if you already have a single circuit.

EC02 special offer | engcon

Eddie.

I think if i was specing a new machine that would be ideal except there is no hydro feed to the attachment for grabs

In simple terms if you wish to use a grab under the Engcon offer unit, you would have to add in what is called and 'SS9' setup. this will allow you to change between the Tilt function and the Grab. I'm guessing at something like £1500 extra on the package.

You can go all the way to a full control system that will allow you to Tilt/Rotate/Grab at the same time, and even add your blade and tracking to your levers! That Komatsu pc30 is setup just like this and is unreal.

That's obviously going to cost a chunk on top.

I do know they sold a fair few at the Plantworx show, not huge money to get you basically Tilting/Rotating, but if you want to use a grab and many here would, you've got to factor in the upgrade.

Eddie.

Sorry Richy- I should have mentioned about the cradle hitch to you before you bought, as you say a must.

Glad it's serving you well though.

Keith your tb230 will probably take the x3000 if you are after big holes 12" plus- augertorque know their stuff though so will advise better.

We can run the x3500, one dealer said we should run an x4500 but that is right at the top end of the auxiliary flow.

Wondering if I should have gone for the x3000 now though as I could also run that on the 8014

Post hole borer ordered today, but what size auger would people suggest for 4" concrete posts that are being concreted in 9" or 10"

Concreted in 9" deep? What's the application for that out of interest?

Reference auger size- the hole invariably end up being slightly wider than the auger.

A lot depends on ground conditions- in good firm ground an 8" auger would be fine- if its softer perhaps up to 12". I use a 12 " most of the time for post and rail- having the hole a little bigger allows for leeway if the posts need to be precisely placed. Augers can "wonder' on rocks causing a big hole.

Sorry not hugely helpful- if they do a 10" that would probably be good for most scenarios.

My two on a job. The nearer one is my new (to me) digger and was a real find. 10 years old but literally as near as new condition as you could get. stored in some blokes barn and only used on the odd job![ATTACH]222522[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]222523[/ATTACH]

The job they are on is a land improvement project I started a year ago- it used to be the most boggy ground (deep peat) you could imagine and covered with willow and gorse. Slowly getting there putting in land drains etc