Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

I'd just go for a pump/tank setup and battery like an Ifor Williams trailer. You can get these remarkably cheaply now, and the simple fact is you can tip it regardless of what it's hitched to.

Decent leisure battery and you'll get plenty of tips before even thinking of a charge. Remote fob kits are available to make this operable from the machine or 4x4 seat.

https://www.flowfitonline.com/hydraulic-power-units/single-acting/flowfit-12vdc-single-acting-hydraulic-power-pack-with-45l-tank-zz003468?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_Jmu06fw1AIVpp3tCh1yVgI2EAQYASABEgLlJfD_BwE

WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL IFOR WILLIAMS TIPPER TRAILER TT85 TT105 TT126 | eBay

Eddie.

What he said. If you want to make a really good job of it run some leads from your 4x4's battery to your towbar terminating in an anderson connector, and have a lead from your trailer's battery with a similar connector so you can charge the trailer whenever you tow it with your truck.

What he said. If you want to make a really good job of it run some leads from your 4x4's battery to your towbar terminating in an anderson connector, and have a lead from your trailer's battery with a similar connector so you can charge the trailer whenever you tow it with your truck.

Yeah I like the concept of that - reasonably priced too.

Only trouble I foresee is that I don't want a big trailer which means less space to fit all the electrical/hydraulic power pack gubbins.

cheers, Steve

What's the best flail/mulched head for a 3t machine ? I have looked into the Slane one and the Femac 80 lt but both claim to have the best system for using the limited flow of a small machine...so what do you guys think ?

I prefer the femac, as it appears more compact and I think it can cut both ways? I've a few jobs potentially in pipe line where one of these would be a game changer if I get them I'll get one.

I've never used one, I'd like a play with one, I keep trying to find a excuse to hire one

The Seppi with variable disp. motor is non to shabby for a standard smaller machine, can be tweeked to suit the flow rate of 1-3 ton machines. They are what they are and not to be confused with custom built/butchered forestry 360`s with proper engines/pumps fitted. The one below we have used for the last ten years + on gorse/bramble/scrub , runs a boot flail and has adjustable height skids.

Bob

image.jpg1_zpses1rl5ke.jpg

Just a few shots of my mates new Komatsu setup. It's the first of the new dash 5 versions in the UK and it really is a seriously nice piece of kit. It has many improvements over the previous version and I can honestly say it's a real shame Komatsu never push them as it'll go up against anything out there in this class.

They are well worth a look.

It's been fitted with the full Engcon Ec204 setup on S40 size hitch, and the grab seen here is just on loan from Engcon, as I'm certain he's going to end up with an Intermercato on it.

Plenty on here would make good use of that setup, the killer in this size is transport, he runs a 14 tonne hookloader which is perfect for it.

Eddie.