Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

I thought this was quite a good deal.

That price doesn't include Vat and you have to but your own pipes and doesn't look like tungsten tipped bit either- I wouldn't say it was a great price TBH

Last unit I bought (admittedly 3 years ago) was an x2500 with cradle hitch 12" and 6" auger with tungsten tips- pipes and everything except flat face couplings for little more than £1600 all in- straight from Augertorque.

Edit- sorry they do have tungsten tips on that link- might be worth phong Augertorque direct even so..

Edited by Matthew Storrs

After a bit of advice....

I'm looking into getting a small tipping trailer (1.5t agricultural/ smallholding size that would normally be used behind a compact tractor or ATV).

I'd like to tow it with a Takeuchi TB016 and plug the hydraulic pipe into one of the auxiliary hoses fitted to the dipper (which works via the foot pedal in the cab). Would that work?

I'd also like to tow the trailer with a 4x4.... but how can I tip the trailer?.... Is a 12v portable hydraulic unit suitable for that?

Basicly, I don't want to buy a tractor if I can get away with it.

Any suggestions?

cheers, Steve

After a bit of advice....

I'm looking into getting a small tipping trailer (1.5t agricultural/ smallholding size that would normally be used behind a compact tractor or ATV).

I'd like to tow it with a Takeuchi TB016 and plug the hydraulic pipe into one of the auxiliary hoses fitted to the dipper (which works via the foot pedal in the cab). Would that work?

I'd also like to tow the trailer with a 4x4.... but how can I tip the trailer?.... Is a 12v portable hydraulic unit suitable for that?

Basicly, I don't want to buy a tractor if I can get away with it.

Any suggestions?

cheers, Steve

If you do use the auxiliaries you will be blowing the pressure relief valve as the ripper will be single acting

Also it may be easier to tap into the blade circuit so you can use the digger and tip together

Depending on the 4x4 you have the are pto hydraulic kits available

Especially for defenders but they are available for alsorts

If not a hydraulic pump of a taillift is a good option or a transit tipper as they are small and self contained

If you do use the auxiliaries you will be blowing the pressure relief valve as the ripper will be single acting

Also it may be easier to tap into the blade circuit so you can use the digger and tip together

Depending on the 4x4 you have the are pto hydraulic kits available

Especially for defenders but they are available for alsorts

If not a hydraulic pump of a taillift is a good option or a transit tipper as they are small and self contained

I hadn't thought about tapping into the dozer blade... :thumbup: That would be super. Is it easy to do? I'm crap at working out hydraulic technology.

cheers, steve

I hadn't thought about tapping into the dozer blade... :thumbup: That would be super. Is it easy to do? I'm crap at working out hydraulic technology.

cheers, steve

It would incur the same problem of blowing the pressure relief valve but if your not worried about that it would be very simple undo one one end of one pipe find corresponding t piece one end goes to pipe one end to ram and third end to a quick copling or a short pipe to quick copling depending where you want it mounted

It would incur the same problem of blowing the pressure relief valve but if your not worried about that it would be very simple undo one one end of one pipe find corresponding t piece one end goes to pipe one end to ram and third end to a quick copling or a short pipe to quick copling depending where you want it mounted

Okay that sounds fairly simple.

What are the problems with the pressure relief valve? Would it damage it or not deliver enough pressure to lift the trailer?

cheers, steve

Okay that sounds fairly simple.

What are the problems with the pressure relief valve? Would it damage it or not deliver enough pressure to lift the trailer?

cheers, steve

If the auxiliaries were set to single acting- I don't why there would be a problem with pressure relief or dead ending. It'd work just like the post rammer I use on mine. I think!

If the auxiliaries were set to single acting- I don't why there would be a problem with pressure relief or dead ending. It'd work just like the post rammer I use on mine. I think!

What is single & double acting?

There are two aux pipes on the dipper arm... does that mean it's double acting?

And the dozer blade goes up and down with a lever, is that also double acting because the lever goes forwards and backwards?

Sorry if I sound like a simpleton. :laugh1:

cheers, Steve

p.s.... what is dead ending??

I'd just go for a pump/tank setup and battery like an Ifor Williams trailer. You can get these remarkably cheaply now, and the simple fact is you can tip it regardless of what it's hitched to.

Decent leisure battery and you'll get plenty of tips before even thinking of a charge. Remote fob kits are available to make this operable from the machine or 4x4 seat.

https://www.flowfitonline.com/hydraulic-power-units/single-acting/flowfit-12vdc-single-acting-hydraulic-power-pack-with-45l-tank-zz003468?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_Jmu06fw1AIVpp3tCh1yVgI2EAQYASABEgLlJfD_BwE

WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL IFOR WILLIAMS TIPPER TRAILER TT85 TT105 TT126 | eBay

Eddie.

What is single & double acting?

There are two aux pipes on the dipper arm... does that mean it's double acting?

And the dozer blade goes up and down with a lever, is that also double acting because the lever goes forwards and backwards?

Sorry if I sound like a simpleton. :laugh1:

cheers, Steve

p.s.... what is dead ending??

Double acting is a cylinder which will push and pull using hydraulic power both ways- e.g. A log splitter ram. A single acting ram pushes one way only and allows gravity of the implement to push the cylinder shut again- like a tipping trailer.

If you are working a single cylinder you need to use a single acting circuit so that the oil can flow unrestricted back to the tank when the cylinder closes- if you used a double acting circuit you would hear the pump straining as it try's to force fluid into a ram which is countering with oil being tried to flow back

On the Tak tb016 there is a tap/lever outside on the front of the cab next to the king post/ switching this will change from a single acting circuit to a double acting. I hope I have explained the above ok!?

Eddies right though- I think you might find it a faff coupling a hose every time you want to tip and then having to have the standard 12v system for your truck anyway.

• Like 1