Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

We can all be guilty at time of nailing our colours to a mast and go in a bit rose tinted when it comes to machines. In this instance the JCB genuinely surprised me when I originally tried the 86c, and after John Craig who never really comments on carrier machines, after installing Engcon on just about every known brand said you simply have to try their 6 tonner, something was changing?

Fast forward a bit, and some respected Owner Operators are taking them now, plus pushing them on in spec with Tiltrotators and attachments.

They are certainly gaining momentum, and that can only help residual values.

The main factor in this deal is I was able to spec all the options direct from the factory, longer dipper, auxiliary pipework circuits, case drain, blade float, front and top certified guards, led lighting package, chaff guards, travel alarm, strobes, hydraulic quick hitch, etc etc.

Nothing was purchased that had to be removed or altered by the supplying dealer, and I think the only job they have is bolting the rubber blocks onto the steel tracks and two side led's.

This route of not purchasing a machine that is simply Plant Hire spec and requires a lot of dealer input or third party, like my Kobelco unit, provided a saving of nearly 3k over the two rivals he had pricing, and no warranty arguments that someone else has been messing here?

Yet to arrive and will have to prove itself, but it's certainly turned some heads in the purchasing stage.

Eddie.

Hi Eddie, which Dealer you using for Your Kobelco.

Ste

More and more machines with Twin dual acting auxiliary circuits as the demands of attachments for more circuits increases.

Failing that a diverter valve on the boom offset circuit can provide a simple option to give the required 'rotate' pipework.

Companies like Summit Equipment can do kits to fit additional circuits to machines that don't currently have them, and many dealers use them.

Eddie.

Do you use a rotating switch on your joystick to operate the rotator on the Engcon? And a toggle switch to operate a grab?

Or how does that work?

101 and questions :001_smile:

Roller on the left joystick controls the direction of rotate proportionally, and a roller on the right joystick controls the direction of tilt proportionally. These are operated by thumbs and vitally important that from your first moment in the seat you learn to position your thumb in the centre and roll, not flick at them.

To be able to Tilt/Rotate and Grab simultaneously, I have the grab set onto buttons operated by the first fingers of each hand on the sides of the Joysticks. These obviously aren't proportional, but you do get very good control.

Should a situation dictate a very delicate touch the system allows you to put the grab onto another roller to make the delicate movements proportionally if required.

The Joysticks I use are SVAB L8, you can have so many options and different types of buttons it's a really nice system.

Best I have is the tracking on the Joysticks instead of having to use the pedals of levers.

SVAB Grip L8 - multifunction joystick grip handle - For machines | SVAB

Eddie.

Plenty have got themselves a fixed head stuck on a timber grab and made themselves a metal birds nest when used under a Tiltrotator!

Once you start getting the force from that bucket ram introduced, things get found out very quickly!

If you're aware, make sensible steps to beef them up before use, and simply don't go mad then it can work out no problems.

This is the sort of strengthening that should help (hopefully!)

This is the sort of strengthening that should help (hopefully!)

It's the sides of the main body that actually seem to need it most, but what you've done there is exactly what I'd do in conjunction with it too. Tidy job.👍

Eddie.