Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Seems all a bit backwards from the norm in mounting? I'd get that motor guarded up as it's running in the material to be cut all the time.

Doing the job nicely though.[emoji106]1:

I'd say it would be £300 day plus delivery/collection, but I'd want to see some guarding over that front window before I allowed you to start!

Anyone who doesn't think you need to guard it because it throws sideways, wait until that stone hits a tree and comes at you!

Those bars on the Kubota used to ring like a bell, and there was marguard in the front window behind that if it got past.

Eddie.

The motor is protected now, old photos!

And the flail is that way so I can get close to the digger as reach is no problem just getting close enough was!

[emoji58] and yeah.. the cab guarding is on the list to do, spends more time digging and not in the woods all that often! Are they custom made? Couldn't find any for that machine. .

The motor is protected now, old photos!

And the flail is that way so I can get close to the digger as reach is no problem just getting close enough was!

[emoji58] and yeah.. the cab guarding is on the list to do, spends more time digging and not in the woods all that often! Are they custom made? Couldn't find any for that machine. .

Availability is big issue.

My Kubota had Marguard fitted directly into the existing frame, plus a bottom window cut for around £600, and quite honestly even 3 years on you wouldn't know it wasn't glass.

For yourself I'd say a good mesh is a good insurance policy and shouldn't be too expensive for a fabricator.

If you use a couple of vandal guard mounts at the bottom and a hook it on at the top you can take them off easily.

Some are available on the Cabcare website, I had the Kubota one, but in all honesty expensive for what they are, and easily replicated.

Mesh Guards | CabCare

Eddie

Availability is big issue.

My Kubota had Marguard fitted directly into the existing frame, plus a bottom window cut for around £600, and quite honestly even 3 years on you wouldn't know it wasn't glass.

For yourself I'd say a good mesh is a good insurance policy and shouldn't be too expensive for a fabricator.

If you use a couple of vandal guard mounts at the bottom and a hook it on at the top you can take them off easily.

Some are available on the Cabcare website, I had the Kubota one, but in all honesty expensive for what they are, and easily replicated.

Mesh Guards | CabCare

Eddie

How curved is the Margard in the window? I ask because mine is well curved under tension and I'm now starting to get all those tiny inner fractures that ruin the view.

How curved is the Margard in the window? I ask because mine is well curved under tension and I'm now starting to get all those tiny inner fractures that ruin the view.

Not a huge curve and it was secured with the normal adhesive that would be used for the screen instead of having to have it bolted.

Marguard is one of those things that three or four guys clubbing together on here could possibly split a full sheet and get a huge saving?

Eddie.

Seems all a bit backwards from the norm in mounting? I'd get that motor guarded up as it's running in the material to be cut all the time.

Doing the job nicely though.[emoji106]1:

I'd say it would be £300 day plus delivery/collection, but I'd want to see some guarding over that front window before I allowed you to start!

Anyone who doesn't think you need to guard it because it throws sideways, wait until that stone hits a tree and comes at you!

Those bars on the Kubota used to ring like a bell, and there was marguard in the front window behind that if it got past.

Eddie.

How you getting on with getting your big machine back up and running Eddie, sorry if I've missed a update.

Your rite about decent guards when mulching, had a few stones and bits of mettle make it past the bars and bounce off the glass which really wakes you up when your not expecting it.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

How you getting on with getting your big machine back up and running Eddie, sorry if I've missed a update.

Your rite about decent guards when mulching, had a few stones and bits of mettle make it past the bars and bounce off the glass which really wakes you up when your not expecting it.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Incredibly you've missed absolutely nothing! Still awaiting Insurance approval of the repair! It's sourcing the Police report that's been the major hold up, and I'll be perfectly honest it's been a total nightmare in terms of stress, hassle and obviously financially.

Just need it back asap!

Eddie.

We worked some night shifts two years ago clearing stems etc left from a 2.8t Volvo and fae head. It was painfully slow and we spent most the night sleeping then spending half an hour catching up with it, come the Friday shift we sacked it of and got stuck in for an early finish!! Wasn't our job and was bought in through health and safety measures for dealing with blackthorn. It was a waste of time and money.

How long did it take to do the sections cleared in these photos ?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Arbtalk mobile app

Not long, at a guess like half an hour / hour ish.

I did this acre field in a day comfortably, and it was too uneven to get a tractor in and all dense scrub 8a7ec7ca483c39fc6354d30285b9b539.jpg

(Fwi I have cut a track in this, it was all as high as the stuff on the left of the digger)