Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Had a glass sliding window go *shatter* this morning.

I'm gonna replace it with Perspex.... is there a type of plastic I should use for that? Or is Perspex, perspex? Is some Perspex more scratch resistant than other types of Perspex?

Is some Perspex UV protected? Does some cheapie Perspex turn yellow with age?

I know very little about Perspex, cutting it, etc... so any advice is appreciated!

cheers, Steve

You could get some laminated glass cut at a glass shop. I had a piece cut for a machine which was an awkward shape with radius corners and all edges rounded for £30... Approx size 500 mm X 600mm. Just gave them a ply template.

Been a week to forget, after an awesome few days out with the Liebherr.

Basically all going great, with a big Westtech C550 doing it's stuff on the end of it, only to get a call Sunday afternoon to be told someone had torched the machine overnight!

Only got it recovered back to Liebherr today, and it's fate totally hangs in the balance going forward.

Some scum out there want to learn to leave hard earned kit alone!

Eddie.

A video of it in action

The sight that met me!

fullsizeoutput_398.jpg.88b3b88ddc9cdad65ed7f198f5f122ce.jpg

Bloody hell, that's absolutely gutting, sorry to see that. But hope insurance is swift and forthcoming.

I assume it was in no way self propelling- which begs the question how do you go about recovering something that big?

Crane was quoted verbally at 7k, but once they got a sniff Insurance may cover recovery, came in at 15k on paper.

I came up with the recovery solution myself, simple is always best. Just removed the halfshafts from the final drives, bog mats to reverse a very nice sliding axle recovery trailer with 20 tonne winch onto, and then simply drag her on.

Once the final drives are released it's really surprising what little effort is required to move them.

Repair quote is huge, but if approved by Insurance Liebherr will put this back to perfect without any issues in around three weeks.

I really do have everything crossed at this point.

Eddie.

IMG_0274.jpg.5845c79b57289e2251b947147eb898ca.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg.a1b5eeb954b4cf14224c85b0e18c7892.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg.76af4adfca97d13b1dbdcbcaa94d88ec.jpg

Was there any security on site Eddie?

Yes fully fenced, shutters on, regular patrols. Phoned in and Fire Brigade did a brilliant job. Must have got it out real quick, and even removed vandal guard to check cab which was fortunately unharmed with minimal damage.

Not sunk in yet, we had just about got it perfect now, but hope she will be back at it soon enough.

Eddie.