Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

• 2 weeks later...

Im just in the market to upgrade from my Kubota KX71, I really like the Takeuchi TB125, or are there any others I should look at?

Want to keep it light enough to tow, but heavy enough to use the post knocker and grab effectively!

Any thoughts?

Im just in the market to upgrade from my Kubota KX71, I really like the Takeuchi TB125, or are there any others I should look at?

Want to keep it light enough to tow, but heavy enough to use the post knocker and grab effectively!

Any thoughts?

I have the Takeuchi tb125- can't kill the thing! It's a very stable machine, pretty basic but they are all getting on a bit now so not really sure if it would offer much over your kubota really- in fact I'm the other way round, quite fancy trading in for a new kx71-3, but the Takeuchi never gives me any bother just looks a bit rough now and could do with a few bushes replacing etc

You can't get the kubota with thumb controls for your grab

so bobcat/volvo

bobcat e26 with 2 aux and thumb controls is 23k

volvo is 26

Is there any way of activating the aux hydraulics so it's free flow and you can use an external spool like on a log splitter for example? This in a way is why I prefer the aux on a pedal so I can jam a bit of wood under it and use external attachments... other than that thumb controls all the way.

Is there any way of activating the aux hydraulics so it's free flow and you can use an external spool like on a log splitter for example? This in a way is why I prefer the aux on a pedal so I can jam a bit of wood under it and use external attachments... other than that thumb controls all the way.

blue tac / sellotape

The cat also has a floaty blade which was a must for me

Edited by roseyweb

My Kubota is the original kx71 with the square cab, its very functional but I fid it all a bit slow.

Isnt the Kx71-3 a bit heavy? Kx61-3 i think is equivalent to the Tb125, and I suppose the alternative.

Maybe i need to look at specs on flow etc.

Havent really heard anyone say bad about the tb125 though

My Kubota is the original kx71 with the square cab, its very functional but I fid it all a bit slow.

Isnt the Kx71-3 a bit heavy? Kx61-3 i think is equivalent to the Tb125, and I suppose the alternative.

Maybe i need to look at specs on flow etc.

Havent really heard anyone say bad about the tb125 though

Oh right, Tb125 will be a good upgrade then. The tb125 weighs 200kg more than the kx61-3, has longer reach, wider track base and has more swing/overhang, better balance. Also Takeuchi tb125 had 35mm bucket pins whereas kx61-3 only has 30mm- which may mean you can use all your existing attachments easily enough? The kx71-3 is the same weight as the Takeuchi (2790kg before quick hitch, larger buckets etc) so yes you can tow it if you have one of the modern plant trailers which are being built to accommodate such machines...just:laugh1: