Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

This is talk of the town at present in the Digger circles and it's great that such innovation is finally coming from JCB.

It's basically a Midi Rubber Duck that has reinvented the wheel, by utilising what could loosely be described as a Loadall undercarriage, compete with 4 wheel steer and the engine down below, side mounted.

It should give stability on another level, and also provide the opportunity for some real hp to give towing ability, plus I would expect attachment carrying/powering without loss from the base machine, in such roles as flail mowing.

I have seen one in the flesh, and travel speed was really something that had to be witnessed!

Visibility is just on another level, along with virtually no tailswing.

It's a case of wait and see what the launch brings, but if they can put some real quality in it, the market is ready.

JCB are of huge importance in our area, and I wish them every success with it.:thumbup1:

Link to JCB launch countdown.

JCB | H Y D R A D I G |

Eddie.

12698217_10208084914311000_7379626036169409300_o.jpg.d876139623a5117aac8c36811cbc150e.jpg

image-3.jpg.bc7dda2b65be2d1192eef75d06f760b2.jpg

image-2.jpg.60fcd89097bfecafe4887903ebfe85bd.jpg

It's good to see new technologies. I've often thought how useful it would be to have tracks and wheels.... the wheels would lift up the tracks enabling higher travelling speeds and less wear on the track components.

Has anyone made such a thing yet?

Anything that only has wheels is useless in our current boggy landscape.

cheers, steve

Very cool Eddie, I've been invited over to a demo of the Diverto in the Netherlands but they won't give me any prices so I don't see the point in going if it's way out my reach!

If you have to ask the price you can't afford one!

Or to paraphrase slightly, if you can't afford a trip to the factory you can't afford to buy one.

Oh I can afford a trip round the world if I fancy it, what I don't want to do is waste my time to go and look at something I really want then find out I can't justify spending that kind of money on it!

Stephen,

I spoke to Diverto about a year ago they wouldn't tell me the price either!!!

I seem to remember finally finding out it was in 80 - 100 grand area depending on options! which immediately put me off. I think its a good concept but I was worried that it was a bit too technical for everyday use, and as is often the case with multi tools, ok at everything it does but not brilliant at any.

I like the look of that JCB Eddie, that will be a great machine for multi site jobs.

Stephen,

I spoke to Diverto about a year ago they wouldn't tell me the price either!!!

I seem to remember finally finding out it was in 80 - 100 grand area depending on options! which immediately put me off. I think its a good concept but I was worried that it was a bit too technical for everyday use, and as is often the case with multi tools, ok at everything it does but not brilliant at any.

I like the look of that JCB Eddie, that will be a great machine for multi site jobs.

I think if they can just get it right, plus ease their way through the towing legislation to allow the carrying of attachments only whilst travelling to/from sites in a suitable trailer, this really could see the return of your local Owner Operator type guys who were bread and butter JCB 3cx type men.

Everyone used to know the local guy with the JCB who would just nip in and do the job, but the advent of the Mini/Midi excavators has really hit this market hard.

Not hard to see a forward thinking guy with a range of attachments and the correct choice of tyres, making himself very useful in the local area, without the need for low loaders.

Be some tool on floatation tyres, with felling head, towing a decent chipper setup?

Interesting times, certainly got my full attention, as all my Kubota attachments would fit.

I think the Diverto would need giving to a few high profile UK users to gain some credibility, before it would stand any chance of taking off here?

Eddie.