Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Eddie ever since watching this [ame]

[/ame] a while ago I had thought it to be one of the ultimate machines your spec even better! respect to you I hope your investment / dream / Christmas present ( wrap that and put under the tree! ) works well for you, I can imagine you will need rams just for crowd watching and recording the machine working! all the best

Thanks for all the kind words, it's exceeded all my expectations and I'm really pleased so far.

Looking forward to getting it to work, and yes it has some projects, but will obviously be looking for more!

A fair bit more attachment spec to go on it yet, and there will be a set of Rubber Road pads for it too.

It's certainly not for every job, but in the right circumstances, a short burst with this machine, will be an extremely safe and cost effective solution.

Eddie.

Liebherr: The best of the best. In a word - Lush! :thumbup:

Friend of mine works for them; translates German manuals into English.

I thought this quite a neat thumb for those not wanting to weld anything to their machines and be able to remove it completed when on normal duties.

Eddie.

Would be good to see a bolt-on hydraulic version of that, especially with longer jaws.

cheers, steve

For those that missed it, the Shear has a never been done before setup where it actually has two Ec-Oil mounting points, one for max reach/height at the rear and one for standard use on top.

I didn't realise the lower bracket was a second mounting point (wasn't paying enough attention to the pics first time around!) - my assumption was that it was a hook/anchor to assist machine movements (I guess there is no way you will risk using it in this fashion now you've explained its real use!).

My only thoughts are that the attachment brackets look a little too close to horizontal to make the most of the shear at full elevation unless it can be mounted upside down and rotated on the Engcon (which I doubt). This is certainly not a criticism - that is a fantastic machine, all credit to you Eddie!

For those that missed it, the Shear has a never been done before setup where it actually has two Ec-Oil mounting points, one for max reach/height at the rear and one for standard use on top.

I didn't realise the lower bracket was a second mounting point (wasn't paying enough attention to the pics first time around!) - my assumption was that it was a hook/anchor to assist machine movements (I guess there is no way you will risk using it in this fashion now you've explained its real use!).

My only thoughts are that the attachment brackets look a little too close to horizontal to make the most of the shear at full elevation unless it can be mounted upside down and rotated on the Engcon (which I doubt). This is certainly not a criticism - that is a fantastic machine, all credit to you Eddie!

It's quite hard to see without the machine in front of you how it all works at the Shear end. The basics of it are that that Shear manufacturer only provides a very high mounting point that loses considerable height at full stretch, and adding in the Engcon unit magnifies this somewhat.

The extra weight of the Engcon is not desirable at the extremes of reach/height so I asked John Craig to manufacture this double bracket. To say it's been a challenge for him would be some understatement, but fair play he's done an amazing job on it.

The reality is with the bare quick hitch in the rear bracket I can get the maximum possible reach/height without resorting to brackets that simply increase reach/height in the form of an extension.

John had so many factors to get around from hoses tilting 70 degrees each way to the simple fact it has to sit flat for transport.

Obviously the proof will be in actual use, but it seems perfect so far.

I've a few mods being made to the Grapple Saw to give max geometry as obviously this will spend life under the Engcon for the maximum versatility.

I have found the bucket I want for it now, and hopefully the guy selling it will come a bit closer to what I see its worth!

All being well the machine arrives this week, and I'm looking forward to getting in a big field with nobody looking to give it a good shake down before it goes to work.:thumbup:

Eddie.

I thought this quite a neat thumb for those not wanting to weld anything to their machines and be able to remove it completed when on normal duties.

Eddie.

does the back of the liebherr dipper not come with mounting plates as standard i know on the standard dippers they do

does the back of the liebherr dipper not come with mounting plates as standard i know on the standard dippers they do

Must be a bit of crossed wires here, that was just something for the guys looking for solutions to what is usually 1.5 to 3.5 tonne machines on here, usually limited by transport they currently utilise.

I wouldn't be putting a Thumb on the Liebherr, I'm not a huge fan of the concept there are now much better but admittedly more costly alternatives available.

Eddie.

Eddie.

That's a much better idea than the weld on type , I am not a big fan of welding on diggers/ loader arms . I would of chosen that over the weld on That I have fitted.

Ste