Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Yes I do but slightly more advanced than that setup, as I actually have a complete 3 point linkage and pto setup, not just a winch modified to a hydraulic motor.

I also don't need to get out of the cab to fit it due to the Engcon Ec-oil System that will connect all the pipes/electrics when hitching up.

Fantastic in use with full radio remote.

Eddie.

That'd be an awesome setup with a post knocker on too- normal digger ones have limited adjustment for keeping the post straight- but a tractor mounted one on a digger would be best of both worlds.:thumbup1:

Simple really the winch is manually fitter onto the 3 point linkage and pto on the mounting plate with the hydraulic motor inside then as and when eddy needs it on the excavator he can just pick it up like any other implement he has and the wizardry of his system connects the hydraulics to run the motor so run the winches pto.

Sorry I should have pointed out that the implement first has to be mounted in the conventional manner, but we utilised 3 hook ends to make this easy.

Then as described the Engcon Ec-Oil will allow me to fit and remove the whole unit in around 30 seconds from the cab, connecting both hydraulics and electrics.

If I can find a Timberwolf PTO Chipper for it, then it should only take a few minutes to switch from Winch to Chipper with the hook ends helping.

It's a very handy setup, and the Engcon system gets the best from it.

The Tajfun is the model with 540 shaft for Rear tractor mounting and 1000 shaft reversed for Front Tractor mounting which makes it very versatile.

I have a good friend on Motorway work, and I am planning a bigger unit of this type for him to run a rotavator on the end of his machine for finishing the topsoil on verges and batters.

This should enable him to place the soil slightly more roughly with the bucket teeth, and then having a rotavator under his Tiltrotator, bring the soil up to a suitable finnish for seeding.

He could even switch to a fertiliser spinner to place the seed if he wished?

It really opens up quite a few options?

Eddie.

Sorry I should have pointed out that the implement first has to be mounted in the conventional manner, but we utilised 3 hook ends to make this easy.

Then as described the Engcon Ec-Oil will allow me to fit and remove the whole unit in around 30 seconds from the cab, connecting both hydraulics and electrics.

If I can find a Timberwolf PTO Chipper for it, then it should only take a few minutes to switch from Winch to Chipper with the hook ends helping.

The Tajfun is the model with 540 shaft for Rear tractor mounting and 1000 shaft reversed for Front Tractor mounting which makes it very versatile.

I have a good friend on Motorway work, and I am planning a bigger unit of this type for him to run a rotavator on the end of his machine for finishing the topsoil on verges and batters.

This should enable him to place the soil slightly more roughly with the bucket teeth, and then having a rotavator under his Tiltrotator, bring the soil up to a suitable finnish for seeding.

Eddie.

Ranskill hire has a new stone burier, leveller, seeder gizmo which goes on a 3pl. It could save hours topsoiling. Great for shifting but the 210 I was in last week was not the machine for levelling and finishing.

This is for a big Wheeled Excavator (Rubber Duck) and it has plenty of capacity in terms of weight and hydraulic flow available.

The bonus is, he has a much larger Engcon unit that incorporates a Hi Flow centre swivel. This basically allows a decent flow of oil through the centre joint and also via a slip ring setup 12 way electrical circuits to rotate continuously.

Combine a good hydraulic flow with electrics and a whole new world of possibilities open up below that Tiltrotator!

The simple fact for him is he will spend time shaping and grading soil to look all pretty, and then the landscape gang will plough all over it with a compact and rotovator anyway ready for seeding.

If he can have a machine place soil ahead of him but loose with teeth, then he can do the final passes with a rotovator working in any direction he likes as it will rotate freely 360 degrees whilst working!

I am certain a great finnish should be achievable with the right setup and he could literally put a fert spinner on and seed the lot from the cab!

Sadly at this time my Engcon is too small to have the Hi Flow swivel, but I'm making the most of what's available and have another project coming together for it that should be very useful.

Eddie.

Eddie.

Fascinating stuff Eddie, outside the box thinking. :thumbup1:

Ah!

Another case of "failure to communicate", because as I often retrospectively analyse, the picture inside my head was so clear, that I failed to tell the whole story, skipping a key fact or component.

Cos, its obvious innit!

BUT NOT To someone else.

thanks Eddie,

indeed, proper fascinating stuff.