Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Why can't you stump grind Al?

I know you'll have thought of it but just wondered why.

Thanks

Al.

Landscaping company specified digging out, so roots would go as well.

Took me a day with 5t digger.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1439580246.093013.jpg.330385e82771a6767541dd4269f71e02.jpg

This was the biggest, took an hour to dig out and only just managed to get it out of the hole!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1439580328.764316.jpg.654992b1a128b3903b11423cc8d81052.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1439580341.570253.jpg.faf2672c5f137b01b5835717e24970fe.jpg

Landscaping company specified digging out, so roots would go as well.

Took me a day with 5t digger.

[ATTACH]187754[/ATTACH]

This was the biggest, took an hour to dig out and only just managed to get it out of the hole!

[ATTACH]187755[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]187756[/ATTACH]

Oh good,glad you went with the 5 tonner looking at those stumps! well done:thumbup1:

What a horrible bucket for the job! Where's the middle tooth?

It was broken off. Came like that.

Did the job though.

I had to swap to a 1.5t machine for some smaller stumps and the difference is chalk and cheese.

Small one bounces and rocks all over the place, feels very unstable compared to 5t when digging out stumps.

If Greg had cut them off like that for me to remove there would be some serious long faces all around I can tell you!:confused1:

Why didn't you leave around 8ft on each one to lever them out with, so much easier and kinder to the machine.

Eddie.

Yep 8ft and and dig root on one side they would of pushed over with that 5ton machine.

Ste

To be honest I try and take the whole tree where possible if the root has to go.

It's always easiest to push it over and sort it out on the floor.

I dig as much soil off the underside of the root ball as I can with the full weight of the tree still attached, before the root gets cut off.

All very easy to say when you have larger machines to hand, but my KX57-4 Kubota would surprise many as to just what it was capable of.

I still haven't bought the 'Stump Raptor' I keep promising myself from Northerntrack, they make a great job of them and not crazy money I think too.

There's a great little feature on them here

Northerntrack?s ?Stump Raptor? does the business | EARTHMOVERS MAGAZINE

Eddie.