Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

He knows his excavator operation - shame he knows nothing about trees by the way he is destroying practicaly 50% :thumbdown:of their root system.

👏👏why do digger drivers then want to move to forestry why don't all us foresters buy diggers and do digger work.

forestry isn't all about kit. knowledge of trees and love of woodlands and how they work is on going learning you can't learn in a cab seat.

I don't care what anyone says about low ground pressure a 10 tonne machine still weighs 10 tonnes next to mature oaks or any other tree.

👏👏why do digger drivers then want to move to forestry why don't all us foresters buy diggers and do digger work.

forestry isn't all about kit. knowledge of trees and love of woodlands and how they work is on going learning you can't learn in a cab seat.

I don't care what anyone says about low ground pressure a 10 tonne machine still weighs 10 tonnes next to mature oaks or any other tree.

Forestry is a lifestyle choice/way of life not just a 9-5

The guy rips out 2 small coppice and he doesn't know what he is doing?:001_rolleyes:

Do you know the job spec? Maybe the mulcher is coming in behind him!:thumbup:

This isn't judge the operator thread, it's about Arbdiggers! The more tree destroying with the diggers the better!!:thumbup1:

Start a moan n groan ranty thread where the above will be welcomed with open arms!:sneaky2::laugh1:

The guy rips out 2 small coppice and he doesn't know what he is doing?:001_rolleyes:

Do you know the job spec? Maybe the mulcher is coming in behind him!:thumbup:

This isn't judge the operator thread, it's about Arbdiggers! The more tree destroying with the diggers the better!!:thumbup1:

Start a moan n groan ranty thread where the above will be welcomed with open arms!:sneaky2::laugh1:

and I'm saying no problem with diggers in arb or forestry but I have a problem with people moving into this industry with no prior knowledge. I don't go bricklaying or another trade I stick with what I know. yes this is an arb digger thread fine I'm just expressing my opinion in owning operating one

why do digger drivers then want to move to forestry why don't all us foresters buy diggers and do digger work.

While this is of course true, can I make a suggestion,

Find a lady wearing flat shoes or trainers, get said lady to put the heel of her shoe over the top of your foot and allow her body weight rest on your foot. Now get the lady to change into shoes with a stiletto heel and repeat the process.

Once your eyes have stopped watering you will fully understand the advantages "low ground pressure" machines :biggrin:

and I'm saying no problem with diggers in arb or forestry but I have a problem with people moving into this industry with no prior knowledge. I don't go bricklaying or another trade I stick with what I know. yes this is an arb digger thread fine I'm just expressing my opinion in owning operating one

Spot on, when I advertise for 360 machine drivers I always make it clear whether its for forestry ops or landscape. Two very different jobs and skills.

Bob