Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

No I've never seen the manual for my machine!

I jack it up, if it looks like it shouldn't depending on where I'm working, something inside my head says to give it a bit of a pump of grease or not.

That's what I always done in the past, but with age I'm getting less fond of wrestling a track back on at all, also the Kubota spends more time around the yard and on lanes and stuff so I decided to get a manual and check it out.

Firstly I never realised how much variation there is in the sag of the track depending where the join is. Then I never realised that the join is marked on the track itself and lastly I never realised when you have everything else right just how much variation in tension is effected by one pump of grease.

So now I keep a wee block of wood in the cab which is equal to the sag and on a fairly regular basis spin the join around to the middle of the top run, set in the block of wood to check the sag and adjust accordingly.

Short term it keeps the tracking as smooth as possible on all surfaces, long term should maximise the life of all drive train componentry.