NZ or Canada??

Hi guys,

I'm after a bit of advice. I'm lucky enough to be in a position whereby I can just pack up and leave! I've just come back from a 2 year tour of Australia and am looking at going away again. I worked as a groundie (for pretty much the whole 2 years) in OZ and am now booked to do a climbing course in January next year (cs30,31,38,39, chipper, stumpie and business studies for tree surgeons).

I can't decide between NZ or Canada. Due to my age its one or the other. I'm looking for potential sponsorship/residency.

SO....Do any of you guys have any advice to offer?? Where would be the best place to go?? Do you know of any reputable firms (willing to nurture and offer sponsorship to a hard worker:001_smile:)?? Average wage for both countries?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I've browsed other posts but would like a direct comparison.

Many thanks

Mark

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to Canada once my permenant residency has been approved hopefully feb time, as a part of my application i had to show evidence that i had contacted possible employers. I have submitted my CV to various companies and they are all keen to talk about possible work when i finally arrive in Canada. There does seem to be a demand for UK climbers as we have experience of climbing without spikes. Check out Indeed.ca job site there are plenty of Arboricultural jobs on there to give you an idea of what is avaliable.

Be warned though Canada is hard to get into even if you have a Canadian Wife like myself. If you get sponsorship from a company you have to stay with them for 3yrs. I was offered sponsorship with Davy Tree Experts but it was bad timimg and it would have made my application for permenant residency difficult so had to turn it down.

Hi guys,

I'm after a bit of advice. I'm lucky enough to be in a position whereby I can just pack up and leave! I've just come back from a 2 year tour of Australia and am looking at going away again. I worked as a groundie (for pretty much the whole 2 years) in OZ and am now booked to do a climbing course in January next year (cs30,31,38,39, chipper, stumpie and business studies for tree surgeons).

I can't decide between NZ or Canada. Due to my age its one or the other. I'm looking for potential sponsorship/residency.

SO....Do any of you guys have any advice to offer?? Where would be the best place to go?? Do you know of any reputable firms (willing to nurture and offer sponsorship to a hard worker:001_smile:)?? Average wage for both countries?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I've browsed other posts but would like a direct comparison.

Many thanks

Mark

I've lived in Australia and New Zealand but neither of them captured my heart like Canada did.

Where abouts were you looking at in each country?