Gloria - keep or sell?

Arbtech Tree Services

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time i go to sell the Wee Greeny i look at a job i can barely do without her...........

Sometimes it would be just a case of an extra dragger to get to a bigger machine, however a recent enclosed courtyard in the middle of town saw her stripped to an engine, carted through a Bank on a sack truck and rebuilt.

Yesterday went to list on Fleabay then looked at a job she'd be ideal for:sneaky2:

With a new drum and blades, bearings and belts she should fetch £3000 all day long and i can get a nice log splitter for that:thumbup1:

Trailer would be extra as i could mod it for the splitter.

So do i keep or sell?

[ATTACH]138155[/ATTACH]

If you spend money on repairs then dont get 3k you could have kept it as it then only owes you 2 grand. I think I had a quote for a new one 6 months ago for £3500 + vat but could be wrong.

Why does it need a new drum?

That should be a for life part surely...?:confused1:

Bearings too, like how many hours do you think you've done already, it looks pretty shiny to me.

Belts, well they are just consumable eh... I seemed to got through a lot but there again...I worked it hard.

Blades... don't get me started on blades for these things...BLEH!:thumbdown:

Regards

Ty

Former CS100 owner

I got one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRACTOR-MOUNTED-HYDRAULIC-LOG-SPLITTER-WITH-3-POINT-LINKAGE-/261021951254?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item3cc61ee516

for £400 piped it to a hydraulic power pack I picked up for £200 so £600 for a really good compact splitter that I can fill 8 builders bags with in a day working on my own I sell them at £60 each that's £480 a day doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the maths does it!!

So DONT sell it.....financially it makes no sense and.....you'll miss it toooo much!

Id keep it because they always bring good money so chances are if in 12 months its never been out the workshop you'd still get the same as if you sold it today. I would never buy one personally because they are soooooooooo dear for what they are. I'd rather pay someone to drag brash to a propper chipper :)

Sorry all, busy evening.

The drum and blades were replaced after the blade bed welds split as they did on a certain batch - Greenmech were good as gold on this - the bearings were replaced as one ended up being cut off.

The two belts i replaced for good maintenance so they were the only things to cost me (the princely sum of £4.99 each).

If i save for a splitter i'll get one. If i sell her for a splitter i'll never save to replace her and rue the day i sold. Business sense says keep her and hire in a processor for a day or two, but this is at odds (as ever) with the lust for more new toys:biggrin:

Id keep it because they always bring good money so chances are if in 12 months its never been out the workshop you'd still get the same as if you sold it today. I would never buy one personally because they are soooooooooo dear for what they are. I'd rather pay someone to drag brash to a propper chipper :)

They are brilliant in their own little niche. When compared to the bigger chippers of course they are gonna seem no good. But if I had to drag a big tree down 6 flights of stairs up a ramp and then chip it all then id much rather carry the chipper up the stairs and down the stairs once.

Find a narrow access job and I could bring mine up to you.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App