Stacked V loose logs conversion rate.

Woodworks

he alternative idea is a fixed station that the crate gets loaded onto and then tipped with a chute to direct the logs into the middle of the trailer.

Bit pointless if you don't mind me saying? If delivering just loose in a trailer you really need to sell them by trailer volume or the customer will think they're being short changed when they see what to their eyes is an underfilled trailer.

I really think you will find bags a cheap and easy soloution to seasoning, handling and delivering, as well as being an easy concept/volume to describe to the customer.

Thanks woody

I am trying to visualize this. Is it a frame you put on the trailer with the crate on and then tip?

I have two ideas going around in my head one is what I think you have described and I recon if I can get the pivot in the right place I may be able to tip them by hand. The alternative idea is a fixed station that the crate gets loaded onto and then tipped with a chute to direct the logs into the middle of the trailer.

Rowan I don't think cutting the sides out of IBCs is a goer as they are not exactly over built. Also converting a 100 IBC sounds like a lot more work than a one off contraption and as you know I do like my contraptions :biggrin:

something like this

th?id=H.5007941629315210&pid=1.9&w=300&h=300&p=0

instead of the spring they have a ram, the base is higher and tips straight into a trailer

Bit pointless if you don't mind me saying? If delivering just loose in a trailer you really need to sell them by trailer volume or the customer will think they're being short changed when they see what to their eyes is an underfilled trailer.

I really think you will find bags a cheap and easy soloution to seasoning, handling and delivering, as well as being an easy concept/volume to describe to the customer.

Don't have any problem selling by the trailer load (2m3) Never had anyone quibble about the volume they get.

Don't have any problem selling by the trailer load (2m3) Never had anyone quibble about the volume they get.

I had visions of a 1m3 load plonked in the middle of a 1.6m3 trailer! :lol:

Bags do give you the chance to offer a cheaper load where you might have lost the sale before (not due to being too expensive for what you get, it's just 2m3 is a lot of wood for most customers) and do more drops at once.

I had visions of a 1m3 load plonked in the middle of a 1.6m3 trailer! :lol:

Bags do give you the chance to offer a cheaper load where you might have lost the sale before (not due to being too expensive for what you get, it's just 2m3 is a lot of wood for most customers) and do more drops at once.

We do 1m3 loads as well and I do these just in the back of the landy but most of our customers have at least 2m3 at a time and I like it that way as less hassle. Did 8m3 for a chap last week manged to do 4 in one hit with 3 crates loaded in the trailer and a cube in the Landrover. No offence taken as always open to advise :biggrin: