[ATTACH]138058[/ATTACH]

Rob d milling with an 090:

[ATTACH]138059[/ATTACH]

And that's what my contra turned into!

[ATTACH]138060[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]138061[/ATTACH]

Getting an 051 next, that will eventually turn into an 075/6

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

HI EDDY nice saw there mate i do like rob.s 090 what the cost of them if you can pick one up thanks jon :thumbup:

HI EDDY nice saw there mate i do like rob.s 090 what the cost of them if you can pick one up thanks jon :thumbup:

Cost of my contra was £200, everything else was fitted after, it probably cost £6-700 to get it where it is now, but the saw did need a new clutch, I chose to fit AV handles and re-paint the saw. To break down the costs

New cylinder and piston (AM) £65

Muffler and top cover (AM) £50

Clutch (OEM) £40

AV handles (OEM) £300

Carburettor elbow €16, had to order specially from Germany, online, stihl uk is useless

Please note, the 090 can only be done with a super crank case, otherwise it has to be an 070

There's a couple of 070's on the bay ATM jon

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi Jon, they do turn up on Ebay from time to time and normally make £400-450 if they're in reasonable condition, a bit more if they have a really long bar.

If you wait your time though they sometimes show up for nearer £300.

Alec

I got my hands on an old Husky 61 recently, a friend of mine came by it clearing out a family members shed that had passed away. It was in mint condition bar a broken bumper spike and the bar will need to be replaced soon with a fresh chain to go with it. It had a bared wire which was shorting out against the engine preventing it from starting, a bit of insulating tape and problem solved. I bought a set of proffessional felling spikes from ebay and fitted them, i'm a big fan of a pair of spikes rather than a single one on the inside. The only drawback to the double spikes is that they reduce your cutting capacity by two or three inches. It doesn't have any adjustment on the oil pump so i'd say it would be heavy on oil but a beast of a saw and weighs the same as a modern 70cc saw. These old saws were made to last, no bells and whistles but bomb proof.

• 2 weeks later...