Recommend a tractor.

Woodworks

We have a 55hp compact at the moment. The problems I have are the lift on the loader (500kg max) and also the rear hydraulics can barely lift our log splitter. No problem with pulling power it's just not heavy enough to happily handle heavy implements. Don't want anything very big as all gates on the farm are narrow and sheds are not very big. We can get by with the current one but if there is something perfect out there I would rather change sooner than later.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How narrow are your gates? just standard 12ft? if so I would recommend a proper sized tractor like a JD 6110 or similar its small enough to get to most places, its hydraulics would cope with anything you wanted, you could tow a fair size trailer. Theres a couple on farmtrader with loaders for reasonable money.

We have a 55hp compact at the moment. The problems I have are the lift on the loader (500kg max) and also the rear hydraulics can barely lift our log splitter. No problem with pulling power it's just not heavy enough to happily handle heavy implements. Don't want anything very big as all gates on the farm are narrow and sheds are not very big. We can get by with the current one but if there is something perfect out there I would rather change sooner than later.

dependent on budget maybe something like a ford 4000 , 5030 or ford 4610 with a loader or 5610 something like that not a bad loader tractor and the later two will easy lift a 3 furrow plough tow a fully loaded trailer run the splitter etc

A few answers to questions.

Gates are as little as 6' 6" wide

Happy to have an older machine but needs to be 4 wheel drive as the ground gets proper soggy around here.

Loader is speced at 500kg but does lift a crate of wet beech when there are weights on the back so probably a bit more than 500kg