Your scariest climb?

Cloud9climber

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time I got really sh1t scared was after installing my rope in a big silver maple, stated up it and heard some scratching noise near my anchor point, a female raccoon with babies! I got the freck outta there! Dangerous animals!

Just saw this from Lawrence over here - meet Pfanner man :D

[ame]

[/ame]

My scariest moment was a near fall due to fatigue on the Redgarden wall in Eldorado canyon. My wife were on our 5th straight day of climbing. I was 350 feet off the deck and due to fatigue, I was ready to peel off. I looked down and saw the open air and I also saw the runnout I just made. My fall was going to be a 20 footer...so long as the last piece held. I had no reason to believe that first piece was going to pop, but if it did, it was going to be a doozie! I pulled into the move, my mind messed with me and then I down climbed to a solid stance. I was psyching my mind out at the same time fatigue was getting deeper. I gave it all I had, grunting and pulled to the ledge the 2nd try. After taking a deep breath, I built an anchor and brought my wife up to the ledge. When she arrived we took a nice rest looking over the valley floor.

That was my scariest climb....

• 3 weeks later...

100" ash canopy infected with king Alfred's cakes peices with a diameter of about 6 inch could be snapped off by hand was originally just meant to be a repolarded but became a complete removal in the end two 8 hour days up it thank f### for gaffsis all I can say about that tree

100" ash canopy infected with king Alfred's cakes peices with a diameter of about 6 inch could be snapped off by hand was originally just meant to be a repolarded but became a complete removal in the end two 8 hour days up it thank f### for gaffsis all I can say about that tree

King Alfred's cake is saprophytic so how come it turned into a fell? Was the tree dead?