stihl 661 v husky 390

wisecobandit

The 395XP is a great saw.

There is a mint looking Jonsered 2095 on eBay at the minute - virtually the same as a 395.

I would be bidding - but I already have one!

The 2095 is not related in any way to the 395xp, except that the model was made at the Husky factory.

Very few parts will interchange.

However, it will of couse be suitable for about the same use.

Edited by SawTroll

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2095 is not related in any way to the 395xp, except that the model was made at the Husky factory.

Very few parts will interchange.

However, it will of couse be suitable for about the same use.

Im ready to be shot down here but I thought the piston , cylinder , carb and crank cases were the same . Just the plastics were different ??

Well I thought the piston was the same but not the cylinder on the 3095 just to add confusion. The exhaust is interchangeable but the jonsered barrel is ported differently etc. Not a clue re the carb tho..

Will be the Wallbro if from the 394 or the Tillotson from the 395 .... possibly ?

• 3 months later...

Just read the whole post if u think a 395 will out cut a 076 in big wood it won't

I was cutting next a a 395 in big wood over Xmas

In 30inch wood both with 36inch bars there was nothing in the cutting

Once in 36inch + wood the 076 will beat the 395

As far as the AV goes I would pick the 076 up over the 660 as it gives me white fingers using the 660 all day

The 395 felt a really nice saw I my buy one to be ported one day

Iv not had a play with a 661 yet so can't comment

If ur looking to buy a big big saw I think I would buy a 3120 and have it ported

:lol:

There ent much difference between the 395 and 660 in the field

Apart from the colour

I would be tempted to try the 661 though

Hope that help a bit

Just read the whole post if u think a 395 will out cut a 076 in big wood it won't

I was cutting next a a 395 in big wood over Xmas

In 30inch wood both with 36inch bars there was nothing in the cutting

Once in 36inch + wood the 076 will beat the 395

As far as the AV goes I would pick the 076 up over the 660 as it gives me white fingers using the 660 all day

The 395 felt a really nice saw I my buy one to be ported one day

Iv not had a play with a 661 yet so can't comment

If ur looking to buy a big big saw I think I would buy a 3120 and have it ported

:lol:

There ent much difference between the 395 and 660 in the field

Apart from the colour

I would be tempted to try the 661 though

Hope that help a bit

Had to block down a fat dead Oak stem this week one of those jobs where you had to cut cookies then cut them into 3's or 4's to shift them off the stem, used a combi can and a half of fuel with the 661 pulling a 36" bar all day. I found it very comfortable to use with no issues with vibs.

image.jpg.57ed49cbc648f8c74161f4001b28658e.jpg

395 xp has 7.1hp in the US and Austraila. But only 6.5 in the uk. Sonic you looking at getting one get it shipped over if yur buying from the uk!!!

The only difference is the exhaust. No point in importing a saw when the only thing different is a muffler with a bigger exit. This has been confirmed by Husqvarna themselves.

I ended up buying a new 395xp and already bought a replacement exhaust to play with and modify and trying to source a full wrap handle but not willing to pay the £130 main dealer price!.

As yet its still unused and untouched! Im thinking it may stay that way until I get bored and get a quiet day and strip it down and port it :thumbup1: