Very Hot Breast

Climber85

Not what you were thinking 😉

Just wondering if you guys can put me at ease! Had the wood burner on for about 9hours today. First long stint since moving here. The previous people had a woodburner installed and all signed off this time last year.

Just noticed upstairs in the bedroom the chimney breast is very hot on the two sides I can touch. Warm on the downstairs chimney breast but upstairs I can hardly keep my hand on it.

Not knowing a lot about woodburners Is this normal?

Cheers guys

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha

You just wait to see how many views this thread gets lol,

Oh by the way i know nothing about chimneys, im gonna be straight, i was here for the breast....

You sir..... Owe me one breast!

That's just for you fella...

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1381692236.518736.jpg.1f7c5255ac76010d3a3dc837b3634b83.jpg

It's probably burning all the old caked on stuff inside the chimney. I'd let it die down. Start it up again tomorrow. If it's still hot upstairs, let it die down again. Keep repeating 'til it stops. A controlled burn of the build up shouldn't be too bad if there is little air going up the chimney. If it starts to roar, get the hose in.

It's probably burning all the old caked on stuff inside the chimney. I'd let it die down. Start it up again tomorrow. If it's still hot upstairs, let it die down again. Keep repeating 'til it stops. A controlled burn of the build up shouldn't be too bad if there is little air going up the chimney. If it starts to roar, get the hose in.

I had it swept in April this year before I used it. I presume there is a flue in it? Is there any way it could tell?

I had it swept in April this year before I used it. I presume there is a flue in it? Is there any way it could tell?

Mine does the same . The chimney breast in the loft warms up nicely . I have a room up there . Stove really does heat the whole house .