Work Holiday Visa Australia

Hi all,

I'm in the process of potentially obtaining a Work Holiday Visa and is a Guernsey based NPTC qualified Arborist looking to work out in Australia for November 2014.

I've been working on a self-employed basis since May 2013 and working sub-contractually for a local qualified Tree Consultant during that time period.

I've been involved in the industry since February 2011.

During that time period I've worked for 6 months in the West Midlands and did a 10 week Craftsman course at Otley College.

I would be grateful in gaining any advice on what potential employers in Australia would expect of me and if I would need to obtain a OH&S card online before I get over there.

I have relevant qualifications:

CS 30, CS31, CS38, CS39, PA1, PA6, Class C drivers license.

I'm looking to gain certain qualifications in (2014):

CS 41, Woodchipper, MEWP, First Aid renewal

Any help would be great,

All the best, Luke :thumbup:

Hi all,

I'm in the process of potentially obtaining a Work Holiday Visa and is a Guernsey based NPTC qualified Arborist looking to work out in Australia for November 2014.

I've been working on a self-employed basis since May 2013 and working sub-contractually for a local qualified Tree Consultant during that time period.

I've been involved in the industry since February 2011.

During that time period I've worked for 6 months in the West Midlands and did a 10 week Craftsman course at Otley College.

I would be grateful in gaining any advice on what potential employers in Australia would expect of me and if I would need to obtain a OH&S card online before I get over there.

I have relevant qualifications:

CS 30, CS31, CS38, CS39, PA1, PA6, Class C drivers license.

I'm looking to gain certain qualifications in (2014):

CS 41, Woodchipper, MEWP, First Aid renewal

Any help would be great,

All the best, Luke :thumbup:

Hi,

I've been a year in Australia in 2012 with a working holiday visa. There were plenty of jobs available in landscape companies. There are also a lot of unqualified travellers working for landscapers. Not all employers ask for a white card. If it's necessary you can easily do a training once you are overthere.

You can look for jobs on:

http://www.gumtree.com.au

If you are well qualified, it's often enough to just leave a post and employers will contact you.

good luck!