posting

John Shutler

Agreed but when you go out for a drink the small weedy ones with the big mouths wind their necks in when they see the size of you :biggrin: I think that may be a problem with all forums as their is a lack of human interaction.

But I'm only gnome sized so a forum is my only place to comment safely:lol::lol:

They won't even let me in the pub!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but when she posted a picture of herself in some ppe ( climbing hat ) several people fell about posting little laughing faces with thumbs up replies and i just thought we were all back in the playground . I like a laugh and don't mind having the piss taken out of me or amongst your selves but when its a new person with a genuine question I kinda thought it was bad form . I will get my head down now .....

OK Stubby I have obviously hit a raw nerve with you regarding the post with the lol's. I was under the impression this made the post ' a banter post ' rather than a serious personal critique of the OP.

On my follow up post in the now infamous PPE thread I was looking for clarification on the rules regarding this. Still am!!!

The make up remark was again not aimed at the original OP but more at the elf and safety brigade. Where does it all stop with PPE!!! do we always have to have matching socks on ?. ( yes sock horror I don't check to see if i'm wearing a matching pair but i'm still alive).

I wasn't going to respond in this thread but I feel I must to clear the air.

I am a positive kind of a chap. Well mannered and respectful but do like a bit of witty banter on here. I have a dry sense of humour, not all of us do, I appreciate that.

When it comes to work I like to take a professional approach, well as best as I can and feel i do have knowledge and experience on certain subjects on here to contribute meaningfully.

The areas that I don't, I like to take the advice from older more experienced chaps like yourself, and the younger ones too. I like to feel that I give you all the same respect (new posters, mods, young, old, girls, boys).

I hope that goes some way to draw a line in the sand and offer the hand of virtual friendship and camaraderie to you all.

Group hug....

OK Stubby I have obviously hit a raw nerve with you regarding the post with the lol's. I was under the impression this made the post ' a banter post ' rather than a serious personal critique of the OP.

On my follow up post in the now infamous PPE thread I was looking for clarification on the rules regarding this. Still am!!!

The make up remark was again not aimed at the original OP but more at the elf and safety brigade. Where does it all stop with PPE!!! do we always have to have matching socks on ?. ( yes sock horror I don't check to see if i'm wearing a matching pair but i'm still alive).

I wasn't going to respond in this thread but I feel I must to clear the air.

I am a positive kind of a chap. Well mannered and respectful but do like a bit of witty banter on here. I have a dry sense of humour, not all of us do, I appreciate that.

When it comes to work I like to take a professional approach, well as best as I can and feel i do have knowledge and experience on certain subjects on here to contribute meaningfully.

The areas that I don't, I like to take the advice from older more experienced chaps like yourself, and the younger ones too. I like to feel that I give you all the same respect (new posters, mods, young, old, girls, boys).

I hope that goes some way to draw a line in the sand and offer the hand of virtual friendship and camaraderie to you all.

Group hug....

Oh I'm ok with anything bud . Its just her I was considering and what she might think of us . Any ways we are a long time dead ! here , have a smily from me ! :biggrin:

John, some evenings on here you can almost feel the sharks circling waiting for the evenings roustabout, usual suspects and I am amongst them. Sniping at each other, calculated insults and oneupmanship, guess what? It's brilliant!

It's brilliant for you is what you mean... :sneaky2: but it puts a lot of people off posting.

It's brilliant for you is what you mean... :sneaky2: but it puts a lot of people off posting.

Oh Rob! that old chestnut of timid tree surgeons too scared to press the submit button in case of a harsh word from some nasty man. Do me a favour! They're more likely to turned off by some worthy bore.

Basically what or sanglier is saying then is he's only here to cause trouble? Tell me what benefit to the forum there is in keeping your membership active here if that's the case please

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Ok Steve, fair enough it's your forum, do as you see fit, it's not the X factor and I won't plead my case.

Oh Rob! that old chestnut of timid tree surgeons too scared to press the submit button in case of a harsh word from some nasty man. Do me a favour! They're more likely to turned off by some worthy bore.

Not a case of people being put off in case they get a nasty reply, its more a case of people not wanting to converse on that level, and why would they