posting

John Shutler

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id just like to take a moment to put across something I been thinking on over the last little while

consider how you are viewed from the outside.

Frankly ive been disappointed by some of the posting content of some the members of this forum for a little while.

when I became a mod of this forum I had a conversation about members posting with a fellow mod, his words were something along the lines of "would your nan want to read it?"

Now, I ask what would your nans, mums, kids and wifes think about certain comments? This isn't the pub and as such don't expect to spend my leisure time reading comments that are more suited to our spit and sawdust establishments.

Im not whiter than white but I do at least consider what I post on the internet, knowing that it will be preserved for all to read in the future, be it by your nans, mums, kids and wifes

thanks

HI JON nice one there jon good point thanks jon :thumbup:

Perhaps this, thankfully closed thread is an example of late

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/63697-ppe.html

Josh, thanks.

Yeah that was all a bit silly, but....

well now Im afraid to say anymore for fear of upsetting anyone:biggrin:

I'll just assume that there's far worse than this gone on recently. Carry on, dont mind me

There's been a couple of threads recently where there's been a fair bit of name calling. Ok so it's only name calling but sometimes it goes a little too far. Heated debate is fine but as is I said before, sometimes it just boils down to who can slag somebody off the most. Just all seems a little childish. I can't remember the threads off hand unfortunately. Maybe I'm just showing my age, becoming my old man.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

id just like to take a moment to put across something I been thinking on over the last little while

Frankly ive been disappointed by some of the posting content of some the members of this forum for a little while.

when I became a mod of this forum I had a conversation about members posting with a fellow mod, his words were something along the lines of "would your nan want to read it?"

Now, I ask what would your nans, mums, kids and wifes think about certain comments? This isn't the pub and as such don't expect to spend my leisure time reading comments that are more suited to our spit and sawdust establishments.

Im not whiter than white but I do at least consider what I post on the internet, knowing that it will be preserved for all to read in the future, be it by your nans, mums, kids and wifes

thanks

Hi John

im with you all the way on this one

We all have to remember what the forums about

information / advice / Banter / Veiws :thumbup1:

Be a sad day if my wife and nan were reading this forum! Not that i have anything against it but c'mon that's taking the piss. As long as posts don't breach the forum guidelines whats the problem.Everyone's so different with their own opinions there's no way you can not expect clashes etc.. its life. Obviously people take the piss quite often probably me included. I wish there was a section where we could call out all the non paying companies etc...especially when it has happened to numerous subbies!

Guess this post will get flamed but that's my view.

Perhaps this, thankfully closed thread is an example of late

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/63697-ppe.html

I was a little embarrassed at the piss taking in this thread when all she was doing was asking for help/info . What is so flippin funny about someone wearing a climbing hat whilst on the ground ?? How many climbers swap hats as soon as they touch the deck ??

thanks

John, some evenings on here you can almost feel the sharks circling waiting for the evenings roustabout, usual suspects and I am amongst them. Sniping at each other, calculated insults and oneupmanship, guess what? It's brilliant!

As others have said I don't care about my nan reading it and I very much doubt she'd be bothered to look on a trade forum or give a monkey's about what I wrote.

The PPE thread was silly, fair enough (not involved, too stupid even for me)

Ps I find your use of the word "disappointed" a bit well, disappointing:001_smile: