Fitting a log burner

Pat Ferrett

I had a shock last week when I got a quote to fit a stovax 3 with a 6 metre liner for £2000.

I can buy the liner and stove for less than £800, plus all the bits and bobs and and a mates mewp its still going to be less than a grand.

I know the chap fitting it has to earn a living but a grand is taking the mickey, plus it took him 4 weeks to get to me and it would have been atleast another 4 till he could do it so my chances of finding a cheaper quote from a firm that can do it before Christmas is remote.

Are there any members on here that have fitted their own and can help with advice if I take the plunge and do it myself.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good game to be in :biggrin: customer showed me the invoice for her stove £400 then with flue and fitting total bill £3500 all done by lunch time. No wonder they are looking for cheap logs. Stuff cutting up wood where did I put that MEWP

Man alive £3500!!!! that a joke