Aerial rescue debate

Mr Oz

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my view on two peolpe climbing is that in the event of a rescue the second climber is all kitted up and ready, well maybe in another tree but still gona be quicker off the mark.

i guess the main problem is when you crash a heap of stuff onto your rope below!

my view on two peolpe climbing is that in the event of a rescue the second climber is all kitted up and ready, well maybe in another tree but still gona be quicker off the mark.

i guess the main problem is when you crash a heap of stuff onto your rope below!

yeah i think the rescue/second climber is supposed to be on the ground lol..:laugh1:

we all know in reality the jobs are shared and most people climb at some point during the working week.

I find It makes me look at the other climber and think he's going quicker than me an makes me step it up a bit haha

Totally agree with that, a quick glance every so often to make sure you are covering the sound amount of tree if not more :thumbup1:, I always tell the other climber to get down first and I will make sure his cambium saver retrieves and if not I go grab it for him and also If we have missed any cuts I can go nip it in before i get down :thumbup: Then when i get down we can take the piss out of eachothers side of the tree and then jump up the next one :thumbup: (Sorry off topic but nice to hear someone with same opinions )

We've worked with 2 in the tree plus 1 or 2 groundies. Not regularly and our all singing radio communication is in the hands of only one climber so not ideal. I guess they could communicate with each other and sod the groundie. It works well for big tree reductions (stops the groundie getting bored) and lines of trees.

It's not much of a H&S issue other than for the groundie who has branches falling from 2 places to contend with.

I try to leave an access line in on pruning but on removals I just choke my line on a super rock solid anchor point. Someone can then access me via my tail if they have ascenders and a separate system to rescue me from once they are up. There are very few companies I work for who I think have anyone capable of rescuing me quickly enough if I really needed it. Self rescue or a ground based rescue system. Get as many up the tree as it will allow :)