Rope Runner

I was lucky enough to be demoed one last week. Helped a guy with feedback who does a lot for dmm. We used it on poision ivy and it was great. Seemed to get massive travel for very little effort. I agree very jumpy at first but with practice it came good. I didn't try adjusting the one we had to much as it wasn't ours. The "bird" at the top needs to have a slightly wider top I reckon as it would be better for grip on the descent, that could just be me.

Great bit of kit. I'm available for more demos mr rope runner if you are interested

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lucky enough to be demoed one last week. Helped a guy with feedback who does a lot for dmm. We used it on poision ivy and it was great. Seemed to get massive travel for very little effort. I agree very jumpy at first but with practice it came good. I didn't try adjusting the one we had to much as it wasn't ours. The "bird" at the top needs to have a slightly wider top I reckon as it would be better for grip on the descent, that could just be me.

Great bit of kit. I'm available for more demos mr rope runner if you are interested

Ive just bought 50 metres of poison HIvy. Saw the calamine version on site the other day and seemed like a really nice quality rope. I know some say the CE version is bouncier than the original US version but im guessing you can only buy that stateside etc...big import tax i would imagine. Im used to Velocity but fancied a slightly larger diameter rope this time.

[ATTACH]183166[/ATTACH]

Been on the runner for a bit now and it does get a lot smooth her and easier to release the more you use it, just got some of this sugru to try out, I don't climb with gloves so it just makes it a little nicer to grip

Looks like this Sugru stuff is taking the world by storm. 2nd batch of photos I've seen with a Rope Runner and Sugru.

Rope Runner Problems | Page 5 | The BuzzBoard

Scroll down to post #88.

Tim

https://sugru.com/about

Looks like this Sugru stuff is taking the world by storm. 2nd batch of photos I've seen with a Rope Runner and Sugru.

Rope Runner Problems | Page 5 | The BuzzBoard

Scroll down to post #88.

Tim

https://sugru.com/about

Certainly starts you thinking about all the possibilities sugru can be used in arb

Went for a climb this evening in a large spready Elm.....now im loving this thing....only problem is I am getting some slippage/creep when I load it and sit for a few seconds. I think its my old samson velocity rope telling me its getting tired (its ten years old!!!...ha ha..) anyone else had this? Any recomendations rope wise for the RR that I can get from the uk? I was thinking poison ivy.

I started mine on 11mm velocity. Turn when slipping then when it slips again, bigger rope.

• 5 months later...