L200 Warrior Superselect 4WD on tarmac

mowingjamie

Hi, Been looking around for a while now to replace my 07 Navara King cab, from 1 of my other posts i was thinking about the isuzu rodeo, but after a bit of research im now leaning towards the new (ish) 08/09/10 years of the l200 with the superselect 4WD system, mainly because of the benifits of being able to drive on tarmac without the usuall wind up transmission. This would be with the 158hp or the 176hp 2.5 diesel engine. Has anyone got any reviews of these trucks, good and bad points... how well does the super select 4WD system actually work? If you have one do you use the 4WD for towing?

cheers

Jamie.

Used to drive one a lot, the 4wd is the best feature of the truck, great for towing on or off road, and with traction control rarely spins a wheel even on muddy stuff.

Bad points:

Thirsty 18-20 mpg towing

Plasticky, lost bit of trim and bumper easily.

Seating position very low to floor

Lots of problems with engine management system.

Lots of fleets seem to run them, so statistically they cant be too bad.

My 2003 L200 is still going like a dream-pulling power is phenominal , the mpg is good too. It won the Paris/Dakar best pick up truck 3 years in a row. Have been well impressed and is simply the best motor I have ever had, regards...Nick Pearson, Timberline-Roe Ltd.

We have a 2010 l200 club cab very nice truck i love it holds weight well tows very well. Im used to transit tippers so fuel was much better in the l200 60-70 quids worth gets it 500miles in 2wd mixture of loaded and empty not driving economically

Really??? Thats 45 to the gallon at worst case scenario!! I am very surprised.