alberta or british columbia

I just arrived in Vancouver and love it. Apparently the winters are very wet here! But they work throughout the season. Vancouver is expensive to rent in, the cost of living is lower in Alberta so if you're looking to save money, you could consider Calgary or Edmonton. Have a look on the Davey Tree website, they were advertising in all those cities not long ago, and Nanaimo and Victoria on Vancouver Island I think.

Alberta is cheaper and I've had a great time out there and keep going back.

BC is very expensive and the rate of pay is slightly lower $18-$20 an hour max. But again some fantastic views

Davey tree services or whatever it is called has a high turn over of lads and from what a friend has said there not that great. But find out for yourself bud.

Calgary is a concrete jungle imo and prefer Edmonton any day. Plus they have the largest mall in the world with a gun range at the top 👍

Edited by Dan Earp

I live in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island BC and work for Davey tree i would choose BC every time over Alberta, it gets very cold in the winters in Alberta - 20's and high 30's in the summer Vancouver Island has the best climate in Canada we have the mountain's for winter sports and the ocean and rivers for the summer and the best salmon fishing in the world. Vancouver is more expensive than Calgary but the Island is much cheaper and nicer in my opinion we also have big trees in BC where Alberta are more like the size you find in the UK.

If you are looking for work drop me an email [email protected] I hope that this helps.

• 2 weeks later...