jobs worth at petrol station !

defenderjack

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate had the same problem, he walked up to the Perspex window, after a couple of minutes of wondering why the pump wasnt working, :confused1:then the tannoy with the older woman talking to him like a pleb ,:sneaky2:He held the can aloft and pointed to the kite mark shouting this can was £40!!!! It conforms with British Standards not like those crap wee cans you sell!!:001_rolleyes:

I would pay good money to see that CCTV of the forecourt:lol:

Aspen is the answer:biggrin:

Well it's not really. You cannot buy a can of it at the arb shows.

You can't blame the poor sods trying to apply the differing legislation that applies to the same product.

The best guides I have found so far have been posted here on arbtalk previously :thumbup:

Hi, I have found you can't have a petrol geny at a Arb show either now or any show for that matter. Heath and safety gone mad!!

Hi, I have found you can't have a petrol geny at a Arb show either now or any show for that matter. Heath and safety gone mad!!

Probably something to do with the idiot in america that threw petrol on his barbeque at a show recently and burnt out 60 cars. You cant educate pork but you can make up tighter legislation. The general public are stupid enough to refill a petrol generator while its running so thats put the kybosh on that.

I had this recently, oh my god where do they find these fecktards. I was most upset by the imbercile operating the pump i even showed the can and guess what its cos it was white.... yes you herd right fuel can racism is rife in essex. The petrol can was the wrong colour and refused service.

But im not the victim here i feel great pity for the person who is unable to differentiate a petrol can because its white or see through technically.

I`ve had this so many times!

you can not fill that can its is not a recognised can

the list of things I can not put petrol in at 3 different petrol stations in my local vicinity are;

combi can for chain saw

petrol tank on a Honda engine on rotovator, generator, cement mixer or stump grinder

I can not put petrol into the tank of my enduro bike if it is in the back of the van or on the back of the truck same for quad but if I drive them in I can fill them up????? wtf???

the best one though is I can not "NOT" put diesel in a 20 litre ex army jerry can as it is not a suitable container for any kind of fuel??????????

and you can NOT fill more than 2 crappy little red or green fuel cans ( they wont let you fill black ones don't know why as they sell them inside!!!!)

the mind boggles as the garage where I buy my red diesel lets me fill a 205 litre blue nylon drum with cherry they also let me fill all of the above so get a LOT of custom from me I don't mind paying an extra penny or two a litre its worth it to not get any hassle when filling up!!

My mate had the same problem, he walked up to the Perspex window, after a couple of minutes of wondering why the pump wasnt working, :confused1:then the tannoy with the older woman talking to him like a pleb ,:sneaky2:He held the can aloft and pointed to the kite mark shouting this can was £40!!!! It conforms with British Standards not like those crap wee cans you sell!!:001_rolleyes:

I would pay good money to see that CCTV of the forecourt:lol:

HI STEPHEN that what i told them in frome somerset after 5 mins they were ok with i had a joke with them about and i went on my way there only doing there job it no need to get funny with them as they have last word i just talk my way around it get them on side and your ok :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

Had the same problem at sainsburys. The staff are always uptight and this is because of a visit by the fire brigade safety staff. Unfortunately I suspect that the fire staff are not too familiar with the numerous and perfectly legal fuel cans available on the market and just give the basic bog standard instruction re containers etc. I do believe that the maximum ammount of fuel allowed to be purchased when placed into a fuel can as opposed to a vehicles tank is 10 litres. Something to do with storage and riots I suspect. If the staff say they dont recognise the container and insist that they will not allow the fill then so be it. Maybe a letter etc to the manager could go a long way to prevent staff and sainsburys actually making themselves look ill informed and ignorant, Nick Pearson, Timberline-Roe Ltd.