jobs worth at petrol station !

defenderjack

It winds me up, when this happens. Only happened once to me, but not having a Stihl combi can, only a Husky one, as I went into the shop to explain to the twerp the errors of his way, I split chain oil all over the floor (accidently, well to start with). They stop me anymore...

Although I have also spilt oil all over the place, really need a Stihl can!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's gotta be the worst possible thing to do!

Was the 150 a replacement for the old entec?:confused1:

no the entec is still going strong :thumbup1:it was a guy i climb for every so often , horrible country lane and lack of judgement on my behalf :thumbdown:

not been a great week !did you get youir chipper sorted after you rolled it ?

no the entec is still going strong :thumbup1:it was a guy i climb for every so often , horrible country lane and lack of judgement on my behalf :thumbdown:

not been a great week !did you get youir chipper sorted after you rolled it ?

Oooh bugger - not so good.

Yes my chipper is OK, just need to kick the infeed funnel to open it - used a 20 ton jack to re-align it but it slowly eases back to the 'bent' shape.

maybe contact greenmech to get a price on a new chute then it will be back to perfect condition.

Go easy and don't buy too much petrol!

I am sure that I would be fuming also, but sitting in the comfort of my house reading about this, I can see the other side-

Think what the little twerp thought- he would have no idea what a stihl combo can- having never work or experienced one- to him I could have looked like super sized bike water bottle, or something...... And just because the bloke holding the bike bottle said it was for petrol, and show'd him the little picture of a fuel pump on the can-

Can't blame him for not being sure, and sticking to his convictions.

Edited by Robbyrasta

then went to morrisons and got fuel no problems

funny that, the only place I've had the same problem is Morrisons. I had the same debate with some subnut who had a major personality disorder, he says, 'computer says no' in that drone like way these sad individuals do.

Here in Glasgow you generally find garages that are run by people from the Indian subcontinent are only too happy to let you fill whatever the hell container you want. You know why this is? because these people can think on their feet, they have imagination, creativity and that most rarest of things these days - common sense, their souls haven't been sucked out of their skulls like the cyborg manning the Morrison kiosk.

While I have sympathy with your frustrations, imagine if he HAD filled up the container, against his bosses instructions, and then got the boot for it. All well and good calling him a jobsworth but if he ended up without a job? Maybe the person to take it up with is the manager?

Management make the rules but often its the employees that enforce them with such glee. Same thing with people that enforce H&S in large firms there bored and a bit of confrontation passes their day. As been said above pick a garage run by asians I often fill loads of 20 litre jerry cans with diesel and petrol never had a problem.

Management make the rules but often its the employees that enforce them with such glee. Same thing with people that enforce H&S in large firms there bored and a bit of confrontation passes their day. As been said above pick a garage run by asians I often fill loads of 20 litre jerry cans with diesel and petrol never had a problem.

yeh i do understand it wasnt his fault but he was barely old enough to know what size shoes he was wearing , i was getting so angry with the fact the best answer he could give me was that he didnt recognise it !:confused1: and as per usual common sense isnt allowed these days

They are working to the petroleum regulations often as modified by company policy.

When you have finished beating the jobsworth up, ask yourself this

Why don't the manufacturers of combi cans simply make them comply with the regulations because at the moment they aren't compliant.