Husky T536 top handled battery saw update?

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you contact Husky about it, Roni?

I'm just glad no-one was below it today. Annoyed as we love using it. Quick dash to MacGregors in Inverness who had a couple of batteries in stock. Back in use tomorrow.

Bodge tape around it now? :001_rolleyes:

Did you contact Husky about it, Roni?

I'm just glad no-one was below it today. Annoyed as we love using it. Quick dash to MacGregors in Inverness who had a couple of batteries in stock. Back in use tomorrow.

Bodge tape around it now? :001_rolleyes:

I reported it via my local dealer and enquired about replacement casing but no help from Husqvarna. Another problem we are experiencing is with the charger now taking 5 or 6 attempts before charging begins.

Sending battery to Husky for inspection and a replacement will be sent up FOC.

I can replicate the problem regardless of battery though.

A mini bungee or a couple of tie wraps are going on.

On the charging issue Roni. Heard it last night. After switching on it took several cycles before it burst into life and charged, but it did charge ok.

Glad I've got the T540 as a backup, the 200T is so old hat. Big grin.

On the charging issue Roni. Heard it last night. After switching on it took several cycles before it burst into life and charged, but it did charge ok.

Some of these modern batteries have a temp sensor mounted close to the cells. There is also a a little pcb intelligent charging circuit.

Perhaps when you try and recharge, the batteries are a little warm, let them cool before recharging and see if that makes a difference.

Hope they are not like the Makita 18v Li-ion, these have a three failed charges then you are out chip. Wont allow a recharge if there is a weak cell.

Then all you get is the flashing light of doom.

H-A