Is arb work hard work?

Horatio

This sounds all too familiar, I'm in exactly the same situation but my mind is split into two.

One half of me thinks that he's part of the team and should be pulling the same as everyone else

On the other hand he's the boss, he's earnt the right to do his own thing and point the finger, god knows how many blokes are out there that would jump at my job.It's a tough call

Although personal lives shouldn't come into work time but something serious might be happening behind the scenes, affair, marriage breakup, illness??

Yeh I get that impression about personal life. I would understand if it wasn't just the two of and I'm self employed. It's just annoying that I'm busting my arse off while he is raking in the earning

Sent using

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh I get that impression about personal life. I would understand if it wasn't just the two of and I'm self employed. It's just annoying that I'm busting my arse off while he is raking in the earning

Sent using

But surely he is paying you for the day and your working for the day, so whats the problem?

If he worked hard too he would make more, but you would just make the same.

I don't see the problem.

But surely he is paying you for the day and your working for the day, so whats the problem?

I don't see the problem.

The problem is that I am bored and not enjoying my work

Sent using

But you're self employed......????

I wonder how many younger people are employed in the traditional sense and how many operate in the grey area of subbing, self employment etc, I was never truly employed whilst learning and have never employed anyone in the strictest sense.

I don't see the problem.

Plus 1

He is probably tired from sorting out work for both of you quoting, going though paperwork. Maintaining all of his equipment the list goes on. Think yourself lucky he is not asking you to run back from the chipper as well!:lol:

I can feel myself unwittingly getting drawn in to this soap opera. I made multiple posts because I thought my first comment could have been misconstrued, I was expressing agreement with the post from Tarzan, but realised after reading it that, in my haste, I hadn't perhaps been as clear as I'd intended. Hence the 2nd post to clarify. Then, chuckling, thought a pinch of humour might lighten the mood, hence the 3rd post. No subliminal message intended.

Congratulations ARE due for an epic thread however! I salute you for generating such enthusiastic debate.

I am however at a loss as to why the problem is apparently of such gigantean proportion for you. If I could be so bold as to suggest, if you can't find the staff you seek 'out of the box', have you considered some mentoring, leadership & management techniques to 'grow' the staff you seek?

Either way, it's of no more than passing interest to me, I only work with people I trust, respect and support.

Lucky you for having such a tight crew, the two guys my qualified groundys are ace.

I have no huge hurry to get a "labourer", but they come from the college looking for a foot in the door and they are just not that interested in getting dirty and sweaty for a whole day. There are some younger guys like will who sound great but at 24yrs old I wouldn't call him a boys.

Give a monkey a typewriter and.... Well you know the rest. One day the right guy will come walking in the yard.

Lucky you for having such a tight crew, the two guys my qualified groundys are ace.

I have no huge hurry to get a "labourer", but they come from the college looking for a foot in the door and they are just not that interested in getting dirty and sweaty for a whole day. There are some younger guys like will who sound great but at 24yrs old I wouldn't call him a boys.

Give a monkey a typewriter and.... Well you know the rest. One day the right guy will come walking in the yard.

I hope you find your Mr Right.

I suspect if this thread has been a bunch of guys sat round a bonfire it would have been a lot more amicable (either that or you would have kicked the cr@p out of all of us).

Ah, Shane you really seem to have the knack off annoying me.

You drivel you write just seems to pick at every little thing just for the sake of causing a stir.

By the way the only way I would ever be near a bonfire with you is if you were the Guy Fawkes.

Oh, and on a kinder note please could you amend your "motto" thing at the bottom of every post as I think I should read as follows.

And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you, no-one told you when to brisk walk (x run x), you missed the starting gun.