Is arb work hard work?

Horatio

Horatio, I feel like I owe you an apology.

I've spent the second half of my day chasing around after on if our groundys of six months. Any time he felt he could he'd be dawdling, sitting down or drinking coffee. Poncing around with a silky and loppers instead of using a saw, and generally causing the rest of the team a late finish. I still didn't expect running, but anything slightly better than a light mince would have been better.

Anyway, it made me think back to you and your thread. When they come to take me away, please tell them the murder was just.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS, if you are reading this 'boy', chin up fella, there's always the Siberian salt mines....

This is my point, there is NO boy. They're are all work shy dossers.

Jogging back from the chipper aside, they don't get that two hands means more than one branch etc.

They live with their parents rent free and don't really need to work. Social will sort them out.

Now I am not stereo typing and I am 100% sure that there are loads of you teens wanting to work hard! I am just yet to find one? I'm not looking for them I get approached from the local college.

Run of bad luck with them, had enough and posted this thread.

Never have I moaned. Bout an individual.

Please get you facts right before you make your multiple posts without read what I have put. Cheers

This is my point, there is NO boy. They're are all work shy dossers.

Jogging back from the chipper aside, they don't get that two hands means more than one branch etc.

They live with their parents rent free and don't really need to work. Social will sort them out.

Now I am not stereo typing and I am 100% sure that there are loads of you teens wanting to work hard! I am just yet to find one? I'm not looking for them I get approached from the local college.

Run of bad luck with them, had enough and posted this thread.

Never have I moaned. Bout an individual.

Please get you facts right before you make your multiple posts without read what I have put. Cheers

So, why not tell the college to do one and actually advertise for a groundy / brasher with a bit more get up and go? I'd quite happily work for those wages!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Horatio, I feel like I owe you an apology.

I've spent the second half of my day chasing around after on if our groundys of six months. Any time he felt he could he'd be dawdling, sitting down or drinking coffee. Poncing around with a silky and loppers instead of using a saw, and generally causing the rest of the team a late finish. I still didn't expect running, but anything slightly better than a light mince would have been better.

Anyway, it made me think back to you and your thread. When they come to take me away, please tell them the murder was just.

Even though you didn't say sorry I get where you are coming from, I think.

Sorry to hear you had to work late and carry the idle little sod on your back.

To think if I was your Groundy you would of finished early the customer may possably of gave us a score to share as we had worked so hard.

Even if I did look like a bell end jogging back from the chipper!!!!

Would rather be richer and home earlier the respect of the gang for work my butt off gave it 100% all day and look like a bell end jogging than late home peeed off part of a gang that can't get a job on time, still full of energy at 7pm as done no graft, oh and the rest of the gang thinking I was lazy twerp.

I think you must of had a bad run, got two keen lads working with us (brash draggers) who are paying them selves through the basic tickets on Monday. They don't run, but certainly don't stop

I know there out there, when I talk to the young lads on the phone they all sound so keen.

They all say how they want to make it in this game, I wanted the same when I was at college so grateful when my old boss took me on.

When the right one come along it will be worth it for both me and him.

This is about groundies not arborists

i would'nt expect anyone to run on any of my sites.Most sites here have room to run a loader so my groundy (who's in his forties and doesnt have to be told what to do and gets paid very well ) generally does'nt have to drag much brash .

i have employed a fair few young blokes as groundies and generally found them to be un interested in the job at hand,no get up and go, piss poor at time keeping and only on site for the money.Older people work better over here. They seem to be able to handle the heat (40 degrees plus now) and hard conditions better than the young guys of today(in my experience):thumbup:

Groundies are arborists, you mean labourers.