Is arb work hard work?

Horatio

Thank you for your opinion.

I will weight it with your past performance, going as you have from the bones of your buttocks to earning several grand a day over the space of a couple of months.

Having done that I will then chuck your opinion in the round file where it clearly belongs.

Still here and still earning serious money. Work ethic and a business built on good ethos go a long way. So throw it where the hell you'd like. I'm all for discussion and debate. But opinionated, self assuring wishful thinkers don't go far in my books. :thumbup:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I do expect them to get back from the chipper quickly, yeah jogging...

...Jogging back surely can't be that dangerous?...

---I always jog back from the chipper...

...and jogging back will be expected from the "boy"...

I think that confirms you are pro jogging.

Picture the scene, :lol: jogging in someones garden, what a complete bellend you'd look. Brisk upright walk looks keen and on the ball if that's the perception you're seeking but flippin jogging, that would just look (and is) freakin stupid. :lol::lol::lol:

All this talk of wanting workers to speed up how many of you have been asked to slow down??

I know I have, I used to climb for a guy who always had very strong money on his jobs, he often asked to slow down my dismantles, as he'd told the customer it was a tricky, time-consuming job and he did not want me finishing it too quickly :lol:

Agree with that one; have to gear-down on many a job now which I find really awkward; feel proper guilty doing a job and knock by 2-3pm :lol:

Hate day rate, you end up cleaning leaves out their gutters.

Luckily we were well away from any buildings . way out in the sticks . problem was had no idea how to price the job ( it will be on going , loads wanted doing ) but just a toe in the water for one day if you see what I mean .

at the end of the day its down to what works and suits you..wether your an employer or employee, if you dont like it change it.

i think theres far too many major assumptions made about peoples character from these posts and then slides into a slagging match.... cmon its all about sweat and graft isnt it??? not emotions. lol

I was trained by some of the best and they were hard basteds to work for and there belief was you never run in the tree game. So if thats you way of running a firm then you will never find good men and the ones you do will jack with in the first 10 mins. I run a solid two gangs that bleed for me because i give them the respect they deserve. They carry the maximum they can and at a pace that is safe. Running only cases accidents and that is not good in this game...

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Respect is a 2 way street!

If I were the 'boy' reading these views from my boss I'd be looking elsewhere...