Fencing price?

sloth

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bottom line is he's not a bit over and making a good day for himself, he's taking the mick and so I wouldn't let him anywhere near any of my relatives. I would refuse the delivery aswell, as others have said you either buy panels in, make the fence on site, or you're big enough that to have 5 panels in stock won't be an issue

R

Turns out she thought he was ok as he was in the parish magazine, does trees, fencing, roofing, pressure washing, driveways, you know the sort... though no names mentioned

It measured at just under 8m. He hadn't made panels (after telling her he had), said materials cost 400 and then 400 for labour. I asked how many men/days and was told just him for one day. I told him to shop elsewhere for materials and not to bother her again.

My local fencing supplier will do me everything including postcrete, nails etc for £100, and I'll do it for a supply of coffee and a roast dinner one weekend. Bargain!

Cheers fellas :thumbup:

Turns out she thought he was ok as he was in the parish magazine, does trees, fencing, roofing, pressure washing, driveways, you know the sort... though no names mentioned

It measured at just under 8m. He hadn't made panels (after telling her he had), said materials cost 400 and then 400 for labour. I asked how many men/days and was told just him for one day. I told him to shop elsewhere for materials and not to bother her again.

My local fencing supplier will do me everything including postcrete, nails etc for £100, and I'll do it for a supply of coffee and a roast dinner one weekend. Bargain!

Cheers fellas :thumbup:

Good result :thumbup:

If I was doing it I would still charge my basic day rate that I have to charge as kit needs paying for. I don't understand people doing cheap labour?? It just de values the industry. If your a tree surgeon who does fencing also then you still have overheads for the tree surgery to pay. If one guy is happy to do that job for £200 inc materials then fair play but it can't see how you can work for so little? Take off travel to collect materials, tools, insurance, tax, wage and profit and you ain't making much. I agree the original price seems way over the top but we all have different business models. Is she wasn't family how much would you be charging?? Its a £400 quid job to me.:)