Why, oh why oh why?....

Bowlander

If only logs were sold by some sort of standardised unit for then it would allow easy comparison of products and prices between sellers. It's a lottery as it is.

Most firewood merchants sell in volume ie meter cubes. You got what you asked for apart from a bit of softwood can not see any problem. If you want cheep wood buy an axe and split it yourself [see how much hard work is involved. :001_smile:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never give measurements for logs just say its a builders bag of logs or its a pick up load or my double axle trailer load. then they know thats what they get.

and as yet my customers are all happy as they keep ringing up for more logs

get into dodgy ground saying its x when its y same with charcoal sell it by the bag no weight just a bag of charcoal. trouble is trading standards start getting involved if you sell x and customers gets y and complains. you then need to explain how you got to x.

To "little Green woodchopper" Good grief, you seem very presumptious without even bothering to ask questions. I am chainsaw qualified. I have processed wood myself. I do know how much work is involved splitting wood with an axe etc. If I had the space I wouldn't hesitate in getting some cordwood in and doing the job myself.

Not difficult no. (Compared to some). Now you know what you getting for your money. I don't see a problem. As said, buy an axe and split your own logs then you will see what work goes it making firewood. Most of us in the log business don't have time to stack logs in bags and most customers are happy with what they get

Not difficult no. (Compared to some). Now you know what you getting for your money. I don't see a problem. As said, buy an axe and split your own logs then you will see what work goes it making firewood. Most of us in the log business don't have time to stack logs in bags and most customers are happy with what they get

Please see my previous post as I HAVE done it myself thanks. I already own 2 splitting axes so no need to buy one thanks.

It's that customer/supplier thing. You got what you paid for Bowlander! (apart from the conny) You surely did not expect 1 cube off neatly stacked logs!?

Processing logs is hard tiresome work, as you know.

No, didn't expect a cubic metre as it came in a 0.7 cubic metre bag. I didn't expect less than 0.45 cubic metres in that bag though. Lesson learned. I won't be buying logs in dumpy bags again.