Fed up with 4-cylinder pick-ups?

TimberCutterDartmoor

Apart from the bling new Ranger 5 cylinder and the £37 grand Navara V6 Outlaw (alloy block yuck), why can't the working man in the UK who wants the utility model (no glossy mirrors thanks or body kits but A/C ok) get more than 4 cylinders; a nice 6 cylinder machine with loads of tickover torque and towing prowess? No, we just get high pressured 2.5's whereas Ozzies and South Africans can get the Landcruiser 79 with 4.2 straight-6 or 4.5 V8 TD and a nice tipping body to boot. I understand Footloose 4x4 will import one for you and that makes me and atleast one other mate about to seriously consider going down this route and giving the 2-fingered salute to the euro trash on offer in blighty. RHD is an essential I have to add.

Anyone done this? There was someone on here backalong with a LHD 79 down a mine...

Car Export - Offers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A mate of mine works for Footloose 4X4 and I have dealt with them quite a bit in the past, really great bunch of blokes down there who know there stuff. They had some UN spec Landcruisers in last time I was there, just bog standard motors that didn't look like they had ram raided halfords. Wouldn't mind one myself but think registering one in France would be a pain in the derrière.

Ever considered a dodge or chevy 4X4. I had a 6.2 v8 diesel chev for years (ex fire brigade RHD), it towed a 4 ton trailer as if it was not there. Good on fuel if you behave yourself, dual cab,single cab and fifth wheel coupling if you want. Available from oz in rhd.

Edit need to type faster.

Bob

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=135472&stc=1&d=1379859876

KnapDump.png.d1d602ad7da3dd79417ce9e9684f88f1.png

Ever considered a dodge or chevy 4X4. I had a 6.2 v8 diesel chev for years (ex fire brigade RHD), it towed a 4 ton trailer as if it was not there. Good on fuel if you behave yourself, dual cab,single cab and fifth wheel coupling if you want. Available from oz in rhd.

Edit need to type faster.

Bob

That is such a big ask, pushing down with your right foot will never fail to put a smile on your face.

Apart from the bling new Ranger 5 cylinder and the £37 grand Navara V6 Outlaw (alloy block yuck), why can't the working man in the UK who wants the utility model (no glossy mirrors thanks or body kits but A/C ok) get more than 4 cylinders; a nice 6 cylinder machine with loads of tickover torque and towing prowess? No, we just get high pressured 2.5's whereas Ozzies and South Africans can get the Landcruiser 79 with 4.2 straight-6 or 4.5 V8 TD and a nice tipping body to boot. I understand Footloose 4x4 will import one for you and that makes me and atleast one other mate about to seriously consider going down this route and giving the 2-fingered salute to the euro trash on offer in blighty. RHD is an essential I have to add.

Anyone done this? There was someone on here backalong with a LHD 79 down a mine...

Car Export - Offers

HI JON i had a 90TD5 land rover 200hp and 310lbs of TQ now that pulled very well low down TQ was very happy thanks jon

Car Export - Offers

HI JON my mate is putting a toyota 4,2 lt in his 90 very soon now that will pull well :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup: