Project 6x6

aspenarb

Started this a few years ago, the music in my head told me to buy it. Anyway an ex council 6x6 magi deutz bought as a chassis cab, its been blasted and given a coat of the obligatory Bob blue. A 25 ton hydraulic winch up the back with spades and a 9.5 ton meter crane with double extender. Its all mounted up now with just the bolsters and pipework to do. It will come in handy for some of the bigger sticks that the artic timber trailer cant lift and get into some of the smaller jobs. Registered as an agri machine so even the nippers can drive it ( god help me). Will post up again in the new year when its done.

Bob.

002_zps15e3c912.jpg

001_zps0032d618.jpg

003_zpsb66da7d5.jpg

• Like 1

Started this a few years ago, the music in my head told me to buy it. Anyway an ex council 6x6 magi deutz bought as a chassis cab, its been blasted and given a coat of the obligatory Bob blue. A 25 ton hydraulic winch up the back with spades and a 9.5 ton meter crane with double extender. Its all mounted up now with just the bolsters and pipework to do. It will come in handy for some of the bigger sticks that the artic timber trailer cant lift and get into some of the smaller jobs. Registered as an agri machine so even the nippers can drive it ( god help me). Will post up again in the new year when its done.

Bob.

002_zps15e3c912.jpg

001_zps0032d618.jpg

003_zpsb66da7d5.jpg

HI MATE thats great mate i love it mate king of the road thanks jon

(i) Absoluyly proper jealous

(ii) Guessing a widely over-specced EX Gritter chassis?.

(iii) How few miles:lol: and when/where where did you source it.

PS

How does one go about the "Ag" registeration of a HGV as was?

marcus

Nice spec with diff and cross locks, I cant remember how many gears its got but it goes like the clappers. V8 13ltr engine , 17,000 km from new ex gritter.

To rid the vehicle of its hgv status just take the v5 into a dvla office and change the body type to AG machine along with the taxation class.This is now Tax free and test exempt. They sometimes want to see photographic evidence of the body type. We also have a Bedford 4x4 plant watering unit (Bowser) registered the same way. Same as a mog its not allowed on the motorways.

Bob

005_zps8365c38d.jpg