EE mobile phone - extreme incompetence

Craig F-J

Hi Folks

A quick heads-up to anyone who may be considering a move to the EE mobile phone network, if my experience is anything to go by you may end up regretting it.

I do not have long enough to detail the catalogue of errors which I have experienced whilst dealing with this company in the last 7 days, but it has culminated in me cancelling my contract and returning the phone in due course.

Do yourselves a favour if you are tempted:

Record every call if possible.

Ask to see everything in writing as you may well be told 1 thing only to experience another.

Do not take time-off work to receive a phone on a given day - it may well not arrive as promised.... Do not take time-off work to exchange a faulty handset for a replacement with a courier - it may well not even be on its way!

Whilst this is a difficult one, do not believe that the person dealing with your enquiry is actually putting notes on the system as they would have you believe (notes are incriminating when things go wrong), they most likely will not be there when you call to try and work out why things have gone wrong (again).

Do a search on the internet to see what other customers are experiencing when dealing with this company - after doing this I feel glad that I have cancelled my contract within the 14 day cooling off period.

I hope by posting this I will save someone wasting as much of their time as I have done over this last week.

Cheers

:001_smile:

Hi Folks

A quick heads-up to anyone who may be considering a move to the EE mobile phone network, if my experience is anything to go by you may end up regretting it.

I do not have long enough to detail the catalogue of errors which I have experienced whilst dealing with this company in the last 7 days, but it has culminated in me cancelling my contract and returning the phone in due course.

Do yourselves a favour if you are tempted:

Record every call if possible.

Ask to see everything in writing as you may well be told 1 thing only to experience another.

Do not take time-off work to receive a phone on a given day - it may well not arrive as promised.... Do not take time-off work to exchange a faulty handset for a replacement with a courier - it may well not even be on its way!

Whilst this is a difficult one, do not believe that the person dealing with your enquiry is actually putting notes on the system as they would have you believe (notes are incriminating when things go wrong), they most likely will not be there when you call to try and work out why things have gone wrong (again).

Do a search on the internet to see what other customers are experiencing when dealing with this company - after doing this I feel glad that I have cancelled my contract within the 14 day cooling off period.

I hope by posting this I will save someone wasting as much of their time as I have done over this last week.

Cheers

:001_smile:

Hi mate thanks for the heads up on that's mate I will now keep with orange mate thanks Jon

Years ago I used to work in Telecoms and still have a couple of mates who work in that area.

EE have been touting the 4G service for months now. One of my mates who looks after them for a major telecoms carrier wondered how they were able to sell the service. When (his) company hadn't even finished the build of their network that they had sold to EE to provide the 4G service.

IME all telecoms companies are the same. Commercial departments are sell, sell, sell! Whereas the engineering departments are busy building the networks to provide the services. Unfortunately, in most cases, the left hand doesn't even communicate with the right hand.

I am with orange who is EE, just upgraded my phone, less money per month and got a smart phone. Had a great service with the guy in the store but I never ever never ever (ever) upgrade on the phone to any company. I always deal with a face in a store and every time got a better deal than the one online or by phone. Face to face with a local shop is always best in life i find for most stuff.

Ended up having to change my phone as Orange business switched me to EE and my old samsung refused to work on it apart from a few very isolated spots, literally if you moved 2 inches it wouldnt work, seems ok now have got a newer phone but Orange business are a complete pita to deal with :sneaky2:

Ended up having to change my phone as Orange business switched me to EE and my old samsung refused to work on it apart from a few very isolated spots, literally if you moved 2 inches it wouldnt work, seems ok now have got a newer phone but Orange business are a complete pita to deal with :sneaky2:

HI MATE ive had good service off orange but im up grade this week so i will look out im going keep on orange thanks jon :thumbup: